This Cream Cheese Pie is so delicious and super easy to make! Made without condensed milk, this pie is light, fluffy and beautiful to boot! It requires no baking and is perfect for a quick, easy dessert and always crowd-pleasing at a potluck!
EASY, no-bake or semi-homemade desserts are the name of the game around here at Get On My Plate! I am not a huge baker–I think mostly because all of that “preciseness” involved. So I stick to simple, yet IRRESISTIBLE desserts like my 5 Ingredient Oreo Blondies or my Easy Granny Cake (both use boxed cake mix) or my Air Fryer Biscuit Doughnuts (uses canned biscuit dough).
And if you like chocolate at all, you HAVE to try my No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Pie and my Oreo Peppermint Brownies! Don’t want to bake? Try my perfect Rice Krispie Treats with Marshmallow Fluff and this crowd-pleasing Cherry Fluff Salad!
This cream cheese pie is a CLASSIC dessert that tips it’s hat to cheesecake–but is a lot lighter, fluffier and sooooo much easier to make!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy dessert that requires no baking.
- Only a handful of ingredients needed to make this pie!
- Lots of delicious options to mix things up.
- Great to make-ahead for parties and gatherings.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Easy Cream Cheese Pie (with cherry topping):
Cream Cheese: Full fat, don’t skimp 🙂 I love Philadelphia Cream Cheese, but your favorite brand will work just fine.
Whipped Topping: Cool Whip or store brand is fine OR if you make your own whipped cream, feel free to use that as well!
Lemon Juice: This is optional, I just like the subtle tartness it brings. Fresh lemon juice works best.
HOW TO MAKE CREAM CHEESE PIE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until light and fluffy.
Step 2: Gently fold in whipped topping.
Step 3: Spread mixture evenly into a graham cracker crust. Chill pie for 2-3 hours or overnight.
Step 4: Before serving, top with cherry pie filling.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Make sure your cream cheese is soft, but not warm. It’s best to leave it to soften on the counter for a few hours.
- Adding the pie filling to the top right before serving works best to keep nice, clean layers.
- Storage: This pie stores well in the fridge (if there are ever any leftovers!) tightly covered with plastic wrap or foil. Pie will keep up to 5 days.
- Make Ahead: This pie is perfect as a make ahead dessert! It’s best chilled in the fridge 1-2 hours or overnight. I recommend waiting until you are ready to serve it before adding the pie filling.
- Freezing: This pie can be frozen! I recommend not adding the pie filling to the top before freezing the pie. To freeze, wrap pie tightly in both foil and plastic wrap. Freeze up to 2 months. To enjoy after freezing, defrost pie on the counter for a few hours, top with pie filling, slice and enjoy!
There are so many ways to swap out the cherry pie filling and change up this recipe!
- Plain: Don’t want the extra sugar from the pie filling? Just add a dollop of whipped cream on top and enjoy it “plain!”
- Chocolate or Caramel: A drizzle is all you need!
- Fresh Berries: Swap the pie filling for fresh strawberries, raspberries or blueberries!
- Other Flavored Pie Filling: Apple or blueberry are both delish!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To major distinctions between cream cheese pie and cheesecake: First, cream cheese pie requires no baking. Traditional cheesecake typically includes eggs and requires it to be baked.
Second, cream cheese pie can be made in a pie pan or any baking dish. Cheesecake is typically molded into a round, spring form pan.
Both options are super delish, that’s one thing they have in common!!
OTHER SWEETS YOU’LL LOVE
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Easy Cream Cheese Pie
- 1 pre-baked graham cracker crust
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese softened (See Note 1)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp lemon juice optional
- 1 8 oz. tub whipped topping such as Cool Whip
- 1 20 oz. can cherry pie filling
- With a hand mixer, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice (optional) and vanilla until light and fluffy (about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes).
- Gently fold in whipped topping and stir well until combined.
- Spread mixture evenly into prepared graham cracker crust. Chill 2-3 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, top pie with cherry pie filling and serve immediately!