This post has been sponsored by Del Monte®, Land O’ Lakes, Inc. and McCormick®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
These delicious Green Beans with Pineapple and Bacon are an unexpected twist on your typical holiday green beans! Fresh green beans are tossed in a sweet and savory bacon and pineapple glaze, then topped with almonds and more bacon for the perfect bite!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- A delicious, unexpected twist on holiday green beans.
- Sweet, savory with a little crunch….the perfect bite!
- Super easy–only 5 main ingredients.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these delicious, greens beans with pineapple and bacon:
Green Beans: I love getting pre washed, pre trimmed green beans in a 16 oz bag which is perfect for this recipe…and saves a lot of time! You can also use 3-4 cans of Del Monte® canned green beans, whole or cut to save even more time!
Pineapple: I LOVE using Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple Chunks 20 oz (black label!!)! If you haven’t tried it, it’s naturally “super sweet” but with no added sugar or preservatives! The sweetness goes perfectly with the savory bacon in the green beans dish! Divine!
HOW TO MAKE GREEN BEANS WITH PINEAPPLE AND BACON: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Cook up some bacon pieces.
Step 2: Remove bacon bits and drain most of grease. To the same pan, add pineapple juice (from can), brown sugar and rosemary. Boil 3-4 minutes until slightly thickened.
Step 3: Add green beans, toss in sauce then cover and cook for 6-8 minutes until beans are crisp tender.
Step 4: Add in pineapple and bacon and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving platter and top with slivered almonds, if desired.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Due to the water content in the green beans and in the pineapple juice, I do not recommend freezing this dish.
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat leftovers in the microwave or in a skillet for 3-4 minutes until beans are heated through.
These green beans with pineapple and bacon are perfect and a beautiful addition to your holiday table. I love serving these with my air fryer turkey breast and perfect mashed potatoes and and gravy!Grab my tips and the full Thanksgiving Menu for a Small Gathering right here.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- If you want to save time, use pre washed, pre trimmed green beans!
- I like my green beans crisp-tender but adjust cooking time if you like softer green beans. Cooking them to crisp tender helps retain the gorgeous color!
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- PERFECT MASHED POTATOES
- PERFECT AIR FRYER TURKEY BREAST
- AN EASY THANKSGIVING MENU FOR A SMALL GATHERING
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Green Beans with Pineapple and Bacon
- 1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed OR Del Monte® canned green beans See Note 1
- 1 can (20 oz.) Del Monte® Deluxe Gold® Pineapple Chunks , 1/2 cup of juice reserved
- 8 oz bacon, chopped into 1/4" pieces (about 8 slices)
- 1 tsp McCormick® Whole Rosemary Leaves
- 2 tbsp light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon bits until crispy–about 5-6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel lined plate; set aside.
- Drain all but 1-2 teaspoons of bacon grease from the skillet. Add pineapple juice, brown sugar and rosemary, stirring well to mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook 3-4 minutes until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add green beans, toss them in the sauce, then cover and cook for 5-6 minutes until beans are crisp-tender.
- Add pineapple chunks, half of the bacon and salt to skillet with green beans. Give everything a big toss, then transfer to a serving platter. Top green beans with almonds (if using) and remaining bacon. Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply