This Bruschetta Salad with Chicken is going to be one of your summertime go-to recipes! This salad is a fun twist on traditional bruschetta. Bright, fresh flavors and textures come together to make this crowd-pleasing, easy-to-make salad! Serve it as a light dinner or lunch. It’s also a perfect way to use up leftover grilled chicken!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Bruschetta Salad Recipe:
Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated Parmesan cheese works best!
Fresh Basil: A MUST. Do not sub dried basil.
Multicolored Cherry Tomatoes: You can also use regular cherry tomatoes. Other substitutions are listed in the Substitutions block below.
Balsamic Glaze: Can be found in at most grocery stores near the vinegar. This is a thick, reduced version of balsamic vinegar.
HOW TO MAKE BRUSCHETTA SALAD WITH CHICKEN: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, combine tomatoes, basil, minced garlic, salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Toss gently.
Step 2: Season chicken and cook 5-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Allow to cool, then slice.
Step 3: Toss lettuce with the Caesar dressing.
Step 4: Assemble the salad! Layer the tomato bruschetta, and sliced chicken to the lettuce. Drizzle generously with balsamic glazed and top with Parmesan cheese!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Make Ahead: Prep each part (bruschetta, chicken, greens) 1-2 days ahead of time and store in an airtight container until you are ready to serve.
- Homemade Dressing: Whip up your own easy homemade Caesar dressing (without anchovies!) with this recipe!
- Wait to toss everything together until right before you are ready to serve.
- If you opt to use regular tomatoes (not cherry tomatoes) make sure you remove the seeds so the bruschetta doesn’t get too watery.
This recipe is perfect with grilled chicken!!! Use the same spice mixture, but grill the chicken instead, OR use leftover grilled chicken. You can also omit the chicken and this salad makes a lovely side dish.
HOW TO STORE
- Storage: Once this salad is tossed, the leftovers don’t keep well. However, you can prep each part (bruschetta, chicken, greens) 1-2 days ahead of time and store it in an airtight container until you are ready to serve.
Additions & Substitutions
- Veggies: Sliced red onion adds a nice crunch and tang. Also, grilled vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, or eggplant add a nice smokey flavor.
- Croutons: To add the “bread” factor to this bruschetta salad, croutons are a perfect pairing. Store-bought croutons are fine, but homemade croutons make this salad extra special. Simply cut a loaf of crusty bread into cubes, toss with olive oil, and bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
- White beans: Add a bit more protein and enhance the “Tuscan” vibe with some drained and rinsed white beans (Cannellini beans are perfect).
- Salad Dressings: You can sub the Caesar dressing with ranch, green goddess dressing, balsamic vinaigrette, or even just a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, if you want to keep it light.
- Tomatoes: Ripe Roma tomatoes or heirloom tomatoes can be used in place of cherry tomatoes.
- Cheese: Shredded mozzarella cheese, fresh mozzarella pearls, or herbed goat cheese would be delicious subs for the Parmesan cheese.
- Lettuce: Arugula, mixed greens, or even good old iceberg lettuce all work.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This salad is a main dish on its own, but serving it alongside some perfect garlic bread is just heaven!
Multicolored cherry tomatoes make this salad just so darn PRETTY! But you can use heirloom tomatoes or just regular Roma tomatoes as well. Just be sure to seed them and get the excess liquid out so your salad doesn’t end up soggy 🙂
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
TRY THESE NEXT…
Bruschetta Salad with Chicken
For the bruschetta
- 12 oz. multicolored cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped about 10 large leaves
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper
For the chicken
- 1.5 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
For the salad
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, about 8 heaping cups, chopped
- 1/3 cup creamy Caesar dressing I love the Girard's brand
- 4 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.5 tbsp bottled balsamic glaze
- Prepare the Tomato Bruschetta: In a small bowl, combine halved cherry tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt, pepper, and 1 tbsp olive oil. Stir well to combine all ingredients. Set aside while you prepare the chicken.
- Season: Combine Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to make a seasoning mix for the chicken. Sprinkle seasoning mix over both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Cook: Heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add seasoned chicken and cook for 5-7 minutes on one side. Flip, then cook 5-7 minutes more on the other side or until fully cooked through (internal temperature should be 165°F). Remove chicken from the pan and set aside to cool for at least 5 minutes. Then cut into thin strips.
- Assemble: In a large salad bowl or on a large serving platter, add the lettuce and Caesar dressing. Toss to combine. Layer on the sliced chicken and tomato mixture. Last, drizzle the salad with balsamic glaze and top with fresh Parmesan cheese.