These easy vanilla Oreo blondies are so delish, no one will ever know it’s a boxed cake mix! Simple and quick, this is a dessert you can make over and over….because they won’t last a hot second!
If you know me, you know baking is not really my…..THINGGGG. The measuring the preciseness is what kinda throws me off. I am much more of a “dump a bunch of yummy things in a skillet and see what happens” – type girl.
I know a lot of people are with me, too! So I am always looking for quick and easy shortcuts to make baking a little less painful and time consuming. Doctored up boxed cake mixes, done in the right way, can be a Godsend.
What do you need to make vanilla Oreo blondies?
5 ingredients–that’s IT!!
- 1 box of vanilla cake mix
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Recipe notes & tips
- Make sure you melt the butter beforehand ( I nuke it for about 30-60 seconds or use the “melt” setting on my microwave).
- Once you have melted the butter, don’t dump it straight into the batter…unless you want to end up with scrambled eggs! Just allow it about 5 minutes or so to cool a bit first.
- Do NOT over bake these! I love blondies a little crispy around the edges but super soft and almost doughy on the inside. Take them out of the oven when they start to get golden around the edges.
Can I make any substitutions?
- OF COURSE!! Yellow cake mix works too! Of course, no one will argue with chocolate, but then it wouldn’t be a “blondie.” Whatever, it’ll still taste amazing!!!
- There are like 47,000 Oreo flavors…want to swap in one of these??! Knock yourself out!! I can see golden Oreos and Mint Oreos being UH-MAZING!!!
Other sweets you’ll love
5 Ingredient Vanilla Oreo Blondies
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 stick butter, melted and cooled see note 1
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 14-16 Oreos, crushed see note 2
- Preheat oven to 350. Line 9×9 (or 8×8) pan with foil or parchment paper. Or just spray it well with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, melted butter (cooled), eggs and vanilla. Stir until well-combined–it will be more dough-like vs. a cake mix batter.
- Stir in crushed Oreos, reserving about 1/2 cup.
- Spoon dough into 9×9 pan and, with your fingers, press dough into an even layer. Make sure you press down well along the edges as those tend to raise the most during baking.
- Sprinkle remaining Oreos on top of the dough.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until the edges turn golden brown. Allow at least 15 minutes to cool, then cut into squares.