This No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Pie will become a staple at your house! It’s layered with fluffy, peppermint cream cheese, chocolate pudding and whipped cream, all on top of a decadent, buttery chocolate crust! It’s amazing for a holiday dessert, but it can truly be enjoyed ANY time of year!
EASY, no-bake or semi-homemade desserts are the name of the game around here at Get On My Plate! Since my true baking skills are limited (dough just DOES NOT LIKE ME!!), I have found ways around these limitations!
I can still make AMAZING desserts that are super easy and many of them don’t require baking! Two all time faves are this Easy Cream Cheese Pie and this Cherry Fluff Salad! Also, around the holidays, we can’t get enough of these Oreo Peppermint Brownies, these Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Chips and of course, what are the holidays without an EASY Pecan Pie?!
Some other super easy desserts that are popular are my 5 Ingredient Oreo Blondies or my Easy Granny Cake (both use boxed cake mix) or my Air Fryer Biscuit Doughnuts (uses canned biscuit dough). And if you need a holiday-inspired dessert, try these addicting White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies!
So you don’t have to dredge yourself in flour or work up a sweat to make a delicious dessert! This peppermint pie will become a family fave in NO TIME!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy dessert that requires no baking.
- Layers of chocolatey, pepperminty, creamy goodness!
- Such a festive dessert for the holidays!
- Great to make-ahead for parties and gatherings.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Chocolate Peppermint Pie:
Peppermint Oreos: Any chocolate sandwich cookies are fine (I used Trader Joe’s Peppermint Jo Jo’s), but I really prefer the peppermint flavor. If you can’t find peppermint, just grab any fun chocolate Oreo flavor you see. Honestly, you can’t go wrong. When all else fails: get regular old Oreos.
Whipped Topping: Cool Whip or the store-brand whipped topping works just fine!
Red Food Coloring: Not shown and totally optional. I just like a “pink” peppermint layer!
Candy Canes (optional): These are just to decorate the top of the pie and add more pepperminty flavor! If you don’t have any candy canes, you can also just crumble up more peppermint Oreos for the top!
HOW TO MAKE NO BAKE CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT PIE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Prepare chocolate pudding by mixing pudding mix with milk with an electric mixer or whisk. Refrigerate while you assemble other elements of the pie. Crush Oreo cookies and toss with melted butter. Press mixture into a 9×9 inch baking pan to form the crust.
Step 2: Beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar, peppermint extract and red food coloring (optional) until light a fluffy. Fold in half the Cool Whip and stir until well-combined. Spread mixture over Oreo crust.
Step 3: Spread chocolate pudding over cream cheese/Cool Whip mixture.
Step 4: Spread other half of the Cool Whip over the chocolate layer. Top with crushed candy canes, if you like!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can put the cookies into a large zip top bag and crush them with a meat mallet or rolling pin until fine crumbs form.
- I like to prepare the chocolate pudding first, before I start anything else. Then, chill it in the fridge so it sets up while you are preparing the other layers.
- This pie is best enjoyed with everyone just scooping out servings from the baking pan with a big spoon! However, if you want more clean, cake-like cuts for your pie, freeze it for about an hour before cutting it.
- Storage: This pie stores well in the fridge (if there are ever any leftovers!) tightly covered with plastic wrap or foil. Pie will keep up to 5 days.
- Make Ahead: This pie is perfect as a make ahead dessert! It’s best chilled in the fridge 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Freezing: This pie can be frozen! To freeze, wrap pie tightly in both foil and plastic wrap (or in an airtight container). Freeze up to 2 months. To enjoy after freezing, defrost pie on the counter for a few hours, slice and enjoy!
Peppermint Oreos: Feel free to substitute regular Oreos or another flavored-Oreo if you can’t find peppermint.
Peppermint Extract: Start with 1/2 tsp, per the recipe. Taste. Then if you feel like you can handle more peppermint flavoring, add a bit more. Keep in mind a little goes A LONG way with peppermint extract. I have found that 1/2 tsp. is perfect for my family’s taste.
Candy Canes: I love the extra peppermint flavor from the candy canes. However, if you don’t want to use them, crush up more Oreos for the topping!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This pie is perfect as a make ahead dessert! It’s best chilled in the fridge 1-2 hours or overnight (but not more than about a day ahead).
Of course! You will just be hard-pressed to find one made from peppermint chocolate cookies 🙂 But that’s ok! Use whatever is easiest for you if you are in a pinch for time!
OTHER (EASY) SWEETS YOU’LL LOVE
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Pie
- 1 2.9 oz. box chocolate pudding small box
- 2 cups milk
- 25 peppermint Oreos, crushed
- 3/4 stick butter, melted
- 1 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened or at room temperature See Note 1
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 8 oz. tub whipped topping I usually grab and extra tub for a super thick layer!
- 2-3 candy canes, crushed for topping optional
- 2-3 drops red food coloring optional
- In a medium bowl, add chocolate pudding mix and milk. Beat with an electric mixer or whisk until slightly thickened (according to package directions). Refrigerate until you are ready to use (this will allow the pudding to set up).
- In a food processor, add peppermint cookies. Blend/pulse until you get fine crumbs (See Note 2).
- Combine the cookie crumbs and melted butter and stir until crumbs are completely covered with the butter. With you fingers, press mixture in an even layer into a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- With a hand held mixer, beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, peppermint extract and red food coloring (if using) until light and fluffy (about 1 1/2 minutes). Fold in half of the whipped topping and stir until well-combined. Spread this mixture on top of the Oreo crust.
- For the next layer, spread on the chocolate pudding right over the cream cheese/Cool Whip layer.
- Finally, spread the remainder of the whipped topping (plus more if you like!) as the final layer.
- Top with crushed candy canes if you like! Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or overnight.