You can never go wrong with this Cherry Fluff Salad Recipe! It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make and it’s super quick to toss together. This deliciously sweet and fruity side dish is a classic recipe that’s perfect for parties and family gatherings!
As a (kinda sorta) non-baker, I appreciate a good no bake dessert! This easy cherry fluff recipe is one of my all time favorite desserts. It’s a SUPER tasty, classic dessert that everyone goes crazy over! The best part? It can be made in about 5 minutes!
This is the perfect no bake summer dessert that will quickly become a a family favorite! It’s a perfect recipe for the summer months (especially July 4th!), but this pink dessert is also great for Valentine’s Day and Christmas!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Simple recipe–can literally be made in a matter of minutes!
- A great dessert to serve a crowd!
- Can be made ahead of time for stress-free entertaining.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Cherry Fluff Salad Recipe:
Whipped Cream: You can use Cool Whip (or similar brand whipped topping) or make your own whipped cream!
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY FLUFF SALAD: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for condensed milk.
Step 2: Gently fold in condensed milk.
Step 3: Stir gently until well-combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Make sure you drain the pineapple well. The excess liquid tends to make the Cool Whip separate and can make the dish watery.
- Double or triple this recipe for large gatherings!
- Toast up for coconut for a few minutes in the oven for a nice, nutty flavor!=
- Storage: If you are making this ahead of time, simply cover it tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. Leftovers keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- After being stored a few days, the marshmallows will absorb the liquid and soften. Don’t be alarmed if this happens. It’s normal and actually results in a bolder flavor, in my opinion!
- Also, when storing it in the fridge, you’ll want to give it a good fold over a few times, just to distribute the moisture that has usually gone to the top.
- Note: Do not keep this salad out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, per FDA guidelines on keeping dairy products unrefrigerated.
- Freezing: I do not recommend freezing this cherry salad.
ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
This vintage recipe obtained quite a few variations over the many years it’s been around…even the names have varied. This salad is also called cherry dump salad, cherry fluff, pink fluff, cherry angel salad, cherry fluff dessert salad…the list goes on!
Popular Substitutions: Some people like to use maraschino cherries instead of pie filling. You can also use strawberry pie filling and still get the pretty pink color! You can also whip up your own homemade whipped cream instead of using Cool Whip.
Popular Add-Ins: Yummy add-ins often include sour cream (gives it a great little tang!), cottage cheese, chopped pecans and chopped walnuts.
In a Dinner Rut?
Grab your 7-Day Meal Plan + 3 Bonus Recipes!
Easy Cherry Fluff Salad
- 1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple pineapple juice drained well
- 1 8 oz. tub whipped cream such as Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 7 oz. sweetened condensed milk half of a regular 14 oz. can
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Then, gently fold in sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix well and serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until it’s ready to be served.