You can never go wrong with this Cherry Fluff Salad Recipe! It only takes a handful of simple ingredients to make and it’s super quick to toss together. This deliciously sweet and fruity side dish is a classic recipe that’s perfect for parties and family gatherings!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
As a (kinda sorta) non-baker, I appreciate a good no bake dessert! This easy cherry fluff recipe is one of my all time favorite desserts. It’s a SUPER tasty, classic dessert that everyone goes crazy over! The best part? It can be made in about 5 minutes!
This is the perfect no bake summer dessert that will quickly become a a family favorite! It’s a perfect recipe for the summer months (especially July 4th!), but this pink dessert is also great for Valentine’s Day and Christmas!
If you love no bake desserts as much as I do, you have to try my No Bake Chocolate Peppermint Pie and this delicious Cream Cheese Pie!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Simple recipe–can literally be made in a matter of minutes!
- A great dessert to serve a crowd!
- Can be made ahead of time for stress-free entertaining.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Cherry Fluff Salad Recipe:
Whipped Cream: You can use Cool Whip (or similar brand whipped topping) or make your own whipped cream!
HOW TO MAKE CHERRY FLUFF SALAD: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except for condensed milk.
Step 2: Gently fold in condensed milk.
Step 3: Stir gently until well-combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Make sure you drain the pineapple well. The excess liquid tends to make the Cool Whip separate and can make the dish watery.
- Double or triple this recipe for large gatherings!
- Toast up for coconut for a few minutes in the oven for a nice, nutty flavor!=
- Storage: If you are making this ahead of time, simply cover it tightly with plastic wrap and store it in the fridge. Leftovers keep well in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- After being stored a few days, the marshmallows will absorb the liquid and soften. Don’t be alarmed if this happens. It’s normal and actually results in a bolder flavor, in my opinion!
- Also, when storing it in the fridge, you’ll want to give it a good fold over a few times, just to distribute the moisture that has usually gone to the top.
- Note: Do not keep this salad out at room temperature for more than 2 hours, per FDA guidelines on keeping dairy products unrefrigerated.
- Freezing: I do not recommend freezing this cherry salad.
ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
This vintage recipe obtained quite a few variations over the many years it’s been around…even the names have varied. This salad is also called cherry dump salad, cherry fluff, pink fluff, cherry angel salad, cherry fluff dessert salad…the list goes on!
Popular Substitutions: Some people like to use maraschino cherries instead of pie filling. You can also use strawberry pie filling and still get the pretty pink color! You can also whip up your own homemade whipped cream instead of using Cool Whip.
Popular Add-Ins: Yummy add-ins often include sour cream (gives it a great little tang!), cottage cheese, chopped pecans and chopped walnuts.
Did you make this? Please RATE THE RECIPE below!
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Easy Cherry Fluff Salad
- 1 21 oz. can cherry pie filling
- 1 20 oz. can crushed pineapple pineapple juice drained well
- 1 8 oz. tub whipped cream such as Cool Whip
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 7 oz. sweetened condensed milk half of a regular 14 oz. can
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, combine first 5 ingredients. Then, gently fold in sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix well and serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge until it’s ready to be served.
Such a quick salad to make, fits so well to family dinners. Also, loved how easy it is to make and follow the recipe.
My family will go crazy for this easy to make and fabulous flavored dessert.
Your Cherry Fluff Salad looks so delicious! Plus it will give me a break from baking!
Thanks for sharing!
looks so good and so pretty. I am so excited to make this today and I am sure my family will love it.
This was such a fantastic side dish. My kids are already begging me to make it again. It had the perfect amount of cherry flavor.
Ooo yum! This looks so delicious and I love that it takes only minutes to make and doesn’t require baking. Perfect for the holiday season!
Maureen | http://www.littlemisscasual.com
Ooh these looks so good and love how easy it is. What a perfect no bake treat to bring to summer parties.
I’ve been looking for a fun dessert to make for this weekend, and this is it! Thanks for sharing!
I was looking for this recipe and I’m so happy to have found it! Can’t wait to give it a try soon!
I love this recipe, anything that’s no-bake is already a win in my book. I made it without the coconut and it still turned out great!