This Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl is such an awesome, quick weeknight meal! Rotisserie chicken and lots of veggies are piled on top of rice, then topped with blue cheese crumbles and ranch dressing. There are also so many ways to customize this recipe to make it work for the whole family!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
Truth be told, I will eat buffalo chicken ANYTHING! Of course chicken wings are a given and this Buffalo Chicken Pasta is AMAZING…but I also love making a batch of buffalo chicken for salads and it’s perfect for tacos like these. So why not put it in a bowl that everyone can customize and make their own??!
This buffalo chicken bowl is healthy, EASY and there are so many options to make it your own! Whether you want a low carb buffalo chicken bowl, dairy free chicken bowl or just want to pile on more veggies, you can customize it however your little heart desires.
Love rice bowls as much I do??! I HAVE to try the viral TikTok Salmon and Rice Bowl! It’s LEGIT and such a great way to use up leftovers! After that, hop on over and try my Easy Shrimp Poke Bowl–one of the most popular recipes on the blog!
Need more?! Here are 25 Delicious Rice Bowl Recipes you MUST try! Enjoy!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This recipe uses a few shortcuts and is on the table in (way) less than 30 minutes.
- There are so many ways to customize this bowl! It can be made low carb and keto-friendly!
- It’s flavorful and HEALTHY! One bowl (without cheese or ranch dressing)is less than 400 calories and has nearly 30 grams of protein.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowl:
Chicken: Shredded rotisserie chicken breast is quick and easy but you can also cook chicken breasts in a pan with my foolproof method here.
Buffalo Sauce: Frank’s Buffalo Wing Sauce and Sweet Baby Ray’s sauce are my go to’s. Frank’s also has a mild version now!
Rice: If you are making rice the traditional way (in a pan or rice cooker), get it started before anything else. However, I love taking the instant rice shortcut route for busy weeknights! Brown rice or cauliflower rice work great, too!
Ranch Seasoning: I love McCormick Ranch 3-1 Seasoning because it is MSG-free!
HOW TO MAKE BUFFALO CHICKEN RICE BOWLS: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Whisk together your buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning.
Step 2: Stir in chicken and heat through.
Step 3: Divide rice into 4 bowls and top with chicken and veggies.
Step 4: Drizzle on ranch and add blue cheese crumbles, if using.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When I am meal prepping this recipe, I like to store the chicken and rice together, and the veggies in a separate container. That way, you can heat up the chicken/rice (about a minute in the microwave), then throw on the fresh veggies at the end. The rice, chicken and veggies will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days.
The beauty of this buffalo chicken bowl recipe is that everything comes together in ONE BOWL–your protein, carbs and crunchy veggies are all together…for easy eating AND clean up 🙂
It really depends on the sauce you use. I have found Sweet Baby Ray’s to be a little less spicy than Frank’s. However, Frank does have a mild version of their buffalo wing sauce too! To mellow out the spice, you can also add 1/4 cup of heavy cream, half and half or milk to the sauce.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- This recipe is perfect for meal preps! Shred off the white meat from an entire rotisserie chicken, toss with the buffalo/ranch sauce and keep in in the fridge all week for bowls, salads or sandwiches–the buffalo chicken is AMAZING on Hawaiian rolls, FYI 🙂
- For a low carb or keto version of this buffalo chicken bowl, swap out the rice for cauliflower rice or skip the rice all together and add in more lettuce and make it a salad!
- If you are adverse to celery, check out some alternatives to celery here!
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Easy Buffalo Chicken Rice Bowls
- 2-3 cups cooked chicken rotisserie chicken is perfect!
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce See Note 1
- 1 tbsp ranch seasoning such as Hidden Valley or McCormick
- 2-3 cups cooked rice See Note 2
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped into small pieces about 2-3 large stalks, find alternatives here
- Optional: blue cheese crumbles, ranch dressing, scallions for topping
- Cook rice according to package directions (or use leftover rice!).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, whisk together buffalo sauce and ranch seasoning.
- Add chicken to skillet and toss until well coated with the sauce. Cook 2-3 minutes until chicken is heated through.
- Divide rice, chicken, romaine, tomatoes and celery between 4 bowls.
- Optional: Top with blue cheese crumbles, ranch dressing and scallions!