This Bisquick Coffee Cake is so delicious, no one will ever know you made it from “a mix!” A soft, moist cake is topped with a rich, buttery cinnamon streusel topping and baked until golden brown. It’s a perfect holiday breakfast, afternoon snack, and pairs perfectly with a warm cup of coffee!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
Warm coffee cake….you really can’t beat it paired with your morning coffee–literally the perfect breakfast! This Bisquick Cinnamon Coffee Cake is super easy to make and no one will ever know it’s not TOTALLY from scratch! I love getting a little help from the Bisquick mix in this recipe!
This cake is soft and moist (sorry, I hate that word, too!) and covered with a rich, brown sugar streusel. Serve it at a holiday brunch or make it ahead and take it to work for a nice, sweet treat!
If you love this recipe, be sure to check out my Easy Granny Cake recipe–yet another version of a delicious breakfast treat! If you’re entertaining around the holidays, you HAVE to make these Cranberry Bliss Bars, too! Like Starbucks…but better (and cheaper!).
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Super easy coffee cake recipe, yet very impressive and delicious.
- Perfect for a holiday breakfast or brunch!
- Great afternoon snack with a glass of cold milk!
- Can be made ahead of time for stress-free entertaining.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Bisquick Coffee Cake with Cinnamon Topping:
Original Bisquick Mix: Sometimes stores carry several versions but get the good old yellow box that says “Baking and Pancake Mix.”
HOW TO MAKE BISQUICK COFFEE CAKE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Heat oven to 350°F. To a large mixing bowl, add Bisquick mix, eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon.
Step 2: Whisk until a smooth batter is formed and most lumps are gone. No need to over-mix.
Step 3: Pour batter into a greased baking dish.
Step 4: Make the cinnamon streusel topping: In a small bowl, combine melted butter, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Gently stir with a fork until large crumbs form.
Steps 5 & 6: Sprinkle crumbly mixture evenly over the top of the cake. Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
If you are serving squares of coffee cake on a platter and you want them to look pretty, wait until the cake is completely cool before cutting them into squares with a butter knife sprayed with cooking spray. This will ensure nice, clean cuts.
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: There are a few ways to store leftover coffee cake. You can cut it into squares and store pieces in an airtight container. The coffee cake is good for up to 4 days. You can also cover the entire baking pan with two layers of aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Although it’s still safe to eat, I find the cake is best before 2 days when storing it this way.
- Reheating: It’s not necessary to heat, but there’s nothing better than warm coffee cake with your morning coffee! Place individual pieces in the microwave for 15-30 seconds until warm.
- Freezing: To freeze, wrap the coffee cake tightly in several layers of plastic wrap or foil. Then, place in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Sugar: Feel free to substitute white sugar in the cake itself. Brown sugar is necessary for the topping 🙂
Icing: For extra richness and fun, make a quick powdered sugar glaze/icing to drizzle over the top of the coffee cake. This is a super easy, fool-proof recipe: Powdered Sugar Glaze.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Bake your Bisquick coffee cake for 35-40 minutes until the top and edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
Yep! The batter should be a bit thinner than pancake batter.
Yes and no 🙂 Bisquick mix itself contains oil, so there is no extra ADDED oil. The “oil” in the mix keeps the cake super moist and delish so there is no need to add extra!
The crumbly topping is made with butter, so you also get the richness from the topping, too!
GET MY FREE 7-DAY MEAL PLAN
In a dinner rut? I’ve got a Free Meal Plan with 7 of my most delicious, easy recipes! Sign up for my email list and I’ll send it over now along with weekly dinner recipes!
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
Check out all of my kitchen essentials in my Amazon store!
Baking Pan: I use this ceramic baking dish for everything!
Glass Bowls: My favorite mixing bowls ever!
Rate this recipe! I love your feedback!
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
TRY THESE NEXT…
Bisquick Coffee Cake
For the Cake
- 2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup whole milk low fat is also fine, avoid skim milk
- 1/2 cup brown sugar light brown sugar, dark brown sugar or white sugar all work fine
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For the Topping
- 6 tbsp butter (one stick) I always prefer salted
- 1 cup brown sugar light brown sugar or dark brown sugar both work fine
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Prep: Spray an 8×8 pan (or similar) with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix: In a large bowl, add Biquick baking mix. Break up any clumps with your hands. Then, add milk, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and cinnamon. Whisk until smooth and all ingredients are well incorporated. Batter will be a bit thinner than pancake batter. Pour coffee cake batter into prepared pan and set aside.
- Melt Butter: Place butter in a small microwave bowl. Melt butter in the microwave in 15 second increments on 50% power until melted.
- Make Streusel Topping: In the bowl with the melted butter, add brown sugar, cinnamon and flour. Gently mix with a fork until medium-sized crumbs form and all of the flour is moistened.
- Add the Topping: Sprinkle streusel topping in an even layer over the top of the cake trying to cover ALL of the batter!
- Bake: Place coffee cake in preheated oven and bake 35-40 minutes until the top and edges are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve: Serve warm OR allow to cool to room temperature if you want nice, clean slices.
Dana Sandonato says
Love coffee cake and I love how quickly this comes together! Super approachable recipe, too.
I love coffee cake! This is so delicious! Thank you for sharing.
TAYLER ROSS says
I made this coffee cake for breakfast this morning and it turned out amazing! So moist and delicious!
Such a delicious and moist cake. The recipe too seems very easy to make.
Ryan Allen says
This is hands down some of the best coffee cake I have ever had. It was super easy to make and it is definitely a keeper.