This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BensOriginalAtWalmart #BensOriginal
This Easy Hawaiian Chicken Bowl is the perfect, simple weeknight meal! The toppings let everyone customize their own delicious bowl…and the best part? Everyone is enjoying it in less than 30 minutes!
When back to school time rolls around, there’s nothing I love more than quick and easy recipes that the whole family gets excited about! These easy Hawaiian chicken bowls are quick, simple, and super family-friendly! Using Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ makes this meal come together SUPER quickly. The kiddos will love piling on their own toppings and making their own work of art!
My family and I have always been huge fans of Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ on busy weeknights (AKA: every single night during the school year!!). Ben’s Original™ has a new look, but still has the same taste and quality that we know and love….AND it’s ready in 90 seconds (yes, 90 SECONDS!!) making this truly a no hassle weeknight staple!!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s on the table in less than 30 minutes.
- You get fruit/veggies, protein and carbs all in one bowl! No need to make extra sides!
- Everyone can customize their own, healthy bowl!
- All ingredients are simple and can be found at your local Walmart or even easier, Walmart.com!
Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ : We love using Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ Jasmine Rice, but the basmati and brown rice varieties also work great! Did I mention the packages cook in 90 seconds? 🙂
Teriyaki Sauce: Your favorite store-bought teriyaki sauce is perfect for this recipe and helps this meal come together in no time!
Pineapple: Fresh is the BEST!!! However, in a pinch, you can use canned pineapple chunks as well.
Toppings: There are so many topping ideas! Choose the ones that your family will love– that is the beauty of cooking at home! Some ideas: avocado, red onion, cherry tomatoes, black beans, scallions, mandarin oranges, red pepper, cilantro, cucumber, lime juice, sesame seeds.
HOW TO MAKE HAWAIIAN CHICKEN BOWLS: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Cook chicken, adding in teriyaki sauce in the last minute of cooking.
Step 2: Prep “topping” ingredients you are using (avocado, pineapple, red onion, etc).
Step 3: Prepare Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ in the microwave (90 seconds!).
Step 4: Set out chicken, rice, and toppings and start assembling your perfect bowl!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, you can! I recommended freezing the cooked chicken separately. When you’re ready to use it, defrost or let chicken thaw in the fridge overnight. Then reheat chicken for a few minutes in a skillet with a little more teriyaki sauce. Since Ben’s Original™ & Ready Rice™ can be cooked in the microwave in 90 seconds, you can easily whip up a batch while your chicken is reheating!
The beauty of this dish is that everything is right in the bowl! Protein, fruit/veggies, carbs–it’s a one- bowl meal perfect for busy weeknights! No need to make any extra sides!
Adding different flavors or seasoning to the chicken is a great way to mix it up! To give this bowl more of a Caribbean flair, try using jerk seasoning on the chicken. If you don’t have a favorite brand of teriyaki sauce, experiment with different brands until you find your go-to!
Might be a little non-traditional, but my kids have been known to drizzle ranch dressing and BBQ sauce over this bowl as well!
These bowls and toppings store well making them great for meal preps! Store chicken and rice separately from the toppings. Chicken, rice and toppings will keep in airtight containers in the fridge for 4-5 days.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- To kick up the flavors of this recipe, grill both the chicken AND pineapple! Baste both the chicken and the pineapple with your teriyaki sauce in the last few minutes of cooking. SO DELISH!
- This recipe makes a perfect meal prep lunch! Assemble Ben’s Original™ Ready Rice™ and chicken in meal prep containers and reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Store toppings separately and add them in at the end.
OTHER EASY RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- CREAMY PESTO GNOCCHI WITH LEMON
- EASY SHRIMP YAKI UDON
- CHICKEN ORZO WITH SUN DRIED TOMATOES (rice would be great in this recipe too!)
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Easy Hawaiian Chicken Bowl
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced
- 1/3 cup prepared teriyaki sauce plus more for serving/drizzling
- 2-3 8.5 oz packages Ben’s Original™ & Ready Rice™ jasmine, brown or basmati
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced about one medium sized pineapple
- Toppings: avocado, red onion, cherry tomatoes, black beans, scallions, mandarin oranges, red pepper, cilantro, cucumber, lime juice, sesame seeds See Note 1
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken breast and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add teriyaki sauce and cook for an additional minute, stirring so chicken is well coated. Transfer chicken to a bowl for serving.
- Prep pineapple and toppings you are using: cut pineapple, chop scallions, avocado, etc. Place toppings in small bowls to serve at the table.
- Prepare Ben’s Original™ & Ready Rice™. Cook one 8.5 oz package in the microwave for 90 seconds. Repeat for more packages. ALLOW EACH PACKAGE TO COOL FOR ONE MINUTE. Carefully open each package and divide rice into 4 individual bowls.
- Top rice bowls with chicken, pineapple and desired toppings. Drizzle extra teriyaki sauce over the top!