This Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Lemon is on the table, start to finish, in less than TEN MINUTES! Ten! Full of flavor, filling and the perfect weeknight meal!
Warm and comforting and FULL OF FLAVOR, this quick pesto gnocchi really packs a serious punch!! In this recipe, we take some help from the store with store bought pesto and gnocchi (because who really has time to MAKE gnocchi?!).
The key is picking a pesto you really love and not leaving out the key ingredient– LEMON ZEST! It really adds a punch of freshness and lightens up the rich flavors. This dish is perfect paired with a glass of light Pinot Grigio!
How to make Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Lemon: The Game Plan
The “game plan” this time around is just wayyyy too easy!
- In a skillet, combine pesto, chicken stock and cream. Bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in parmesan and lemon zest.
- DONE!!! I mean, really. That’s dinner!
Recipe notes and tips
- A simple arugula salad dressed with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper is the perfect accompaniment to this dish! Caesar salad is great too but I love the lightness of the arugula salad to balance out the richness of this dish.
- This pasta is PERFECT with chicken! To make it quick, I’ll often add in leftover grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken.
- The sauce thickens up super quick due to all the starch in the gnocchi. If you find it’s too thick, just add a bit more chicken stock or cream to loosen it up.
- I do not recommend substituting half and half or regular milk because when you heat it, these milks with less fat, tend to separate and not look so great. The recipe only calls for 1/2cup of cream but if you want to lighten it up, feel free to add more stock and just a touch of cream. It’s delicious either way!
- You can absolutely substitute a dry white wine for the chicken stock. Just cook the sauce a bit longer to allow for the alcohol to evaporate.
Other recipes you’ll love
- ROASTED PASTA WITH PARMESAN AND PEPPER
- ONE PAN CHICKEN WITH CHERRY TOMATOES
- PERFECT SWEET POTATO FRIES
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Creamy Pesto Gnocchi with Lemon
- 1 17 oz. package uncooked gnocchi See Note 1
- 1/3 cup prepared pesto
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- To a pan over medium heat, add pesto, chicken stock and heavy cream. Bring to a bubble, then add in gnocchi.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for 2-3 minutes until gnocchi is cooked through and sauce begins to thicken (See Note 2).
- Turn off the heat and stir in parmesan and lemon zest.
- Season with salt and pepper, as needed and serve immediately.