This easy Wingstop Ranch Recipe comes together quickly with only 3 main ingredients. You won’t ever need to buy Ranch dressing from the store once you learn how to make this popular condiment at home. It’s excellent with your favorite salad, veggie dippers, chicken nuggets, and of course…WINGS!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
Once you try this homemade Ranch recipe, there’s no going back to store-bought Ranch. It tastes just like the Wingstop Ranch dip that we all love but better – you don’t even have to leave the house to enjoy this delicious condiment.
The great benefit of this copycat recipe is that you can whip up a batch of Ranch dressing in less time than it would take you to pick up a bottle at the grocery store. It’s creamy and delicious, and the best part is it’s incredibly easy to make at home with just a few key ingredients.
The best part is, this quick recipe comes together in a matter of minutes. The hardest part is waiting for all the flavors to meld. That’s why it’s best to make this delicious buttermilk Ranch ahead of time and chill it in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
This brings me to my next point. There is no shortage of ways to enjoy this homemade Wingstop Ranch. It works as a classic dressing with your favorite salads (like this amazing Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad!), but it’s also a fantastic choice to accompany pizza or chicken wings on game days. Or use it as a dip and dunk your favorite dippers like fresh vegetables or potato chips.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy recipe with simple ingredients. With just a cup of buttermilk, mayonnaise, and a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Mix, you can have a batch of the best copycat Wingstop Ranch dressing in 5 minutes of active, hands-on time.
- Creamy dressing has been a fan favorite for decades. Unsurprisingly, Ranch dressing has been the most popular condiment in the United States since 1992, and for a good reason (source). Is there anything better than rich, luscious homemade Ranch dressing that will knock your socks off?
- Versatile dressing that goes with most foods. There’s hardly a food that Ranch dressing doesn’t accompany well. Don’t limit it to a salad dressing only. In fact, it’s an excellent dipping sauce for veggies like celery sticks, carrots, bell peppers, and broccoli. But my favorite way to enjoy this copycat recipe is by dunking buffalo wings and french fries.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Copycat Wingstop Ranch Recipe:
Ranch Seasoning Mix: You’ll need 1-ounce packet (about 4 tablespoons) of dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing & Dip Mix.
Mayonnaise: Use full-fat, good quality mayonnaise such as Best Foods/Hellman’s; avoid mayonnaise made with extra virgin olive oil as the flavor will be overpowering.
Buttermilk: An essential ingredient in this copycat Wingstop ranch recipe because it gives that classic tang that you can’t get with other acidic ingredients.
HOW TO MAKE WINGSTOP RANCH: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: In a medium-sized bowl, whisk mayonnaise, buttermilk, Ranch seasoning, and sea salt or kosher salt until well combined.
Step 2: Cover the bowl or transfer it to an airtight container like a mason jar and chill for an hour or so to allow flavors to marry.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- The recipe makes approximately 2-1/4 cups. It’s best to mix in a bowl and then transfer to a pint-size mason jar for storage.
- Copycat Wingstop Ranch is an excellent recipe to meal prep for the week.
- No buttermilk? Make your own buttermilk at home with just 2 ingredients! You only need a cup of whole milk and one tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to make enough whole buttermilk for this Ranch dressing. Whisk milk with vinegar or lemon juice and set aside for about 10 minutes to curdle gently.
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
Wingstop Ranch dressing only gets better with time. Make sure you give enough time for the flavors to meld. Chill the dressing for at least an hour before serving.
- Storage: Store Wingstop Ranch dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. If you are anything like me, it’s doubtful this Ranch dressing will last that long in your fridge. When ready to use, give a quick shake or stir and serve.
Fresh Herbs: Take this Ranch to the next level by adding finely chopped fresh dill or parsley.
Garlic: Freshly minced garlic is another way to elevate this homemade condiment and adds great flavor.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Ranch is a popular American condiment that is often used as a salad dressing and a dip. Historically, it was made with buttermilk and dried herbs and spices. Today, we can make the best ranch dressing at home in just a few minutes with everyday kitchen staples like mayonnaise, buttermilk, and Ranch dry seasonings.
If you don’t have Ranch seasoning packets on hand, use equal parts dried parsley, dried dill, garlic powder, and onion powder for an easy homemade version. This will likely produce a mildly different flavor but still be tasty.
You’ll notice that the longer the dressing sits in the refrigerator, the thicker it will be. This reaction is normal because dry seasonings are rehydrated with chilled mayonnaise and buttermilk. However, if the Ranch is too thick for your liking, add a tablespoon or two of whole milk to thin it out to your desired consistency.
GET MY FREE 7-DAY MEAL PLAN
In a dinner rut? I’ve got a Free Meal Plan with 7 of my most delicious, easy recipes! Sign up for my email list and I’ll send it over now along with weekly dinner recipes!
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
Check out all of my kitchen essentials in my Amazon store!
Mason Jars: Great for storing this dressing.
Rate this recipe! I love your feedback!
TRY THESE NEXT…
Wingstop Ranch Recipe (Copycat)
- 1 1 oz. packet of dry Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing & Dip Mix about 4 tablespoons
- 1 cup full-fat, good quality mayonnaise such as Best Foods/Hellman's
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- Mix: In a medium sized bowl, whisk all ingredients until well-combined.
- Store: Cover and chill for an hour or so to allow flavors to marry.
way better than anything you will ever buy in a store!
Oh… I had no idea this was so easy to make. The flavor is soooo good. I always make my own dressings and this is now in the rotation!
Ohhh, you had me at only 3 main ingredients. Such a delicious copycat recipe. I love how easily it comes together.
I love this wingstop ranch recipe! I always wondered how they make theirs delicious and addicting. I’m making my own from now on for my salads.
I love homemade dressings and this ranch one is perfect.