This Easy Italian Sausage Gnocchi Bake is a perfect, veggie-filled meal for busy weeknights! Lots of fresh veggies are baked with Italian sausage, herbs and spices, and fresh gnocchi. You can mix and match the veggies and bake this on a sheet pan for an easy, no-fuss dinner everyone will love!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
A simple, easy weeknight meal that everyone loves is such a Godsend during the hectic school year! Some of our easy faves are Frozen Burgers in the Oven, this Perfect Taco Meat, and this California Chicken Salad!
This gnocchi sheet pan dinner is also a lifesaver! It combines lots of veggies, savory sausage, and spices all tossed with delicious gnocchi!
The great thing is, you can mix and match your favorite veggies and use pretty much any type of sausage you like! Leftovers are great for lunch the next day, too!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- A super easy recipe that uses simple ingredients!
- Mix and match your favorite veggies!
- Delicious comfort food but with lots of healthy veggies!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious sausage gnocchi recipe:
Italian Sausage: I really love the flavor of hot Italian sausage, but you can use mild as well. You can also use pre-cooked smoked sausage/kielbasa like this one.
Bell Peppers: Any color or combo of colors works!
Gnocchi: Store-bought gnocchi is just fine! Look for it in the dry pasta aisle OR sometimes it’s with the fresh pasta in the refrigerated aisle.
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY ITALIAN SAUSAGE GNOCCHI BAKE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: On a large rimmed baking sheet or in a large baking pan (approx. 9×12), add peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, Italian sausage, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to coat. Bake in a 425°F oven for 20-25 minutes.
Step 2: While sausage and veggies are cooking, boil your gnocchi to al dente according to package directions- about 4 minutes. You’ll know when they are done when the gnocchi floats to the top.
Step 3: Add cooked gnocchi to the sausage and veggie mixture and broil 3-5 minutes until gnocchi is browned. Give everything a good toss and top with fresh chopped basil and lots of Parmesan cheese!
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
Feel free to mix and match your favorite veggies and flavors into this dish! Red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms are all delish! Be creative and add your favorite things–that is the beauty of cooking at home!
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Reheating: You can reheat leftovers in the microwave OR in a pan over medium heat. Add a splash of chicken broth or chicken stock to add a little additional moisture.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Here are a few additions you can try:
- Veggies: Sweet yellow onion slices, kalamata olives, canned quartered artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, broccoli florets, and roasted garlic are all yummy additions!
- Sausage: I love the spicy flavor that hot Italian pork sausage gives, but it’s a personal preference. Turkey sausage is also a great option! You can also use pre-cooked smoked sausage/kielbasa like this one. If you don’t want to use sausage, ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken are good options.
Here are a few substitutions you can make:
- Gnocchi: Cauliflower gnocchi will work as well. I recommend purchasing frozen cauliflower gnocchi and you’ll be able to throw it on top of the sausage and vegetables to cook at the same time. There is no need to boil them first with frozen cauliflower gnocchi.
- Bell Peppers: ANY color or combination of colors will work!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
You can go wrong with a crisp, simple arugula salad or some garlic bread! If you are serving this for friends and family this roasted tomato bruschetta is a great starter!
Need more ideas?! Here are 21 Easy Sides for Gnocchi!!
You don’t HAVE to–you can stir it in with the veggie and sausage mixture and roast everything together. However, I found the gnocchi has a much better texture when it’s pre-cooked and added in at the end.
Potato gnocchi can usually be found in packages in the pasta aisle. I have also found it in the refrigerated pasta section but usually, the grocery store keeps it in the dry pasta aisle.
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
Rate this recipe! I love your feedback!
TRY THESE DELICIOUS RECIPES NEXT…
Easy Italian Sausage and Gnocchi Bake
- 1 lb. Italian sausage, hot or mild casings removed, if necessary and cut/torn into small pieces (See Note 1)
- 3 bell peppers, any color or a combination of colors cut into small chunks
- 1 zucchini cut into small chunks
- 10 oz. grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt more to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 16 oz. package pre-made potato gnocchi
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, chopped
- lots of fresh Parmesan cheese!
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- On a large rimmed baking sheet or large baking dish, add peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, Italian sausage, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and freshly cracked black pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked through.
- While the sausage and vegetables are baking, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the gnocchi and cook until they float to the top, about 4 minutes.
- Once the sausage is fully cooked, remove the baking sheet from the oven and turn on the broiler. Using a slotted spoon, add the cooked gnocchi to the sausage and vegetables. Place the pan under the broiler for 5 minutes or until the gnocchi is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with lots of Parmesan cheese and fresh basil! Serve warm.