This delicious Garlic Bread Baguette will have you wanting to eat the whole loaf! Loaded with fresh garlic, Parmesan cheese, and a touch of sea salt, this soft garlic bread is the perfect side for pasta dishes, soups, and stews! It can be made in both the air fryer and oven and it’s super quick and easy!
A go-to homemade garlic bread recipe is ESSENTIAL to have in your cooking arsenal! This baguette garlic bread recipe will NOT disappoint! Garlic bread is the perfect side dish for pasta dinners, soups, and stews!
This easy garlic bread recipe is made from simple ingredients and can be made in both the oven and the air fryer. It’s slathered with butter that’s flavored with lots of fresh garlic, a little Parmesan cheese, and a touch of salt!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this easy Baguette Garlic Bread:
Baguette: No need for fancy bread! A sourdough or french baguette from the bakery section of the grocery store is perfect.
Butter: Salted is preferred but you can use unsalted–just add a pinch of salt to the butter mixture.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BREAD BAGUETTE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and parsley (optional). Mash together with a fork until well combined; set aside.
Step 2: With a serrated knife, cut the baguette in half. Then, slice into thick slices, but DO NOT cut all the way through the bread loaf.
Step 3: Slather the garlic butter mixture inside the bread slices. Be generous! Spread any remaining garlic butter on top of the bread. Then, wrap the baguette in aluminum foil.
Step 4: Air fry for 10-12 minutes at 350°F or bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with fresh parsley. Slice through and enjoy immediately.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- To soften butter, either leave it out on the counter for a few hours OR microwave on high in 10-second increments 2 or 3 times. You just want softened butter, NOT melted butter!
- Wrapping the garlic bread baguette in foil makes soft, buttery garlic bread. If you like your bread a bit more crispy, bake/air fry according to instructions. Then, unwrap the baguette and continue baking or air frying for 2-5 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached! You can also broil in the oven for 2-3 minutes.
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
My amazing garlic chopper works perfectly for getting the garlic finely chopped. A simple cheese grater works great, too! You don’t want huge chunks of garlic in with the butter!
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: Store leftover garlic bread in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days. You can also wrap pieces tightly with plastic wrap or foil and place them in a zip-top bag to keep them fresh.
- Reheating: To reheat in the air fryer: Wrap garlic bread in foil and place in the air fryer at 350°F for 2-3 minutes until warmed through. To reheat in the oven: Wrap garlic bread in foil and place on a baking sheet. Place in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes or until warmed through.
EASY ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Spice: Add a sprinkle of red pepper flakes to your butter garlic mixture! A few good grinds of fresh black pepper are also delicious mixed into the garlic butter.
- Fresh Herbs: Fresh thyme and basil are great chopped fine and stirred into the garlic butter.
- Baguette: Feel free to switch up the type of bread! A fresh loaf of french bread or a sourdough loaf from the bakery section of the grocery store works great. Heck, even make homemade bread if you’re a baking genius!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Of course! It just takes a little longer. Garlic bread in the air fryer takes about 10-12 minutes. If you choose to cook it in the regular oven at 350°F, it takes about 15-20 minutes.
Depending on the make and model of your air fryer and the thickness of your bread, you’ll cook it at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes. A typical baguette in my Cosori Air Fryer took 10 minutes.
You sure can! It works best to reheat it at a lower temperature because you just want to get it warm. Set your air fryer to 350 degrees and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Wrapping the garlic bread baguette in foil makes soft, buttery garlic bread. If you like your bread a bit more crispy, bake/air fry according to instructions. Then, unwrap the baguette and continue baking or air frying for 1-5 minutes or until desired crispiness is reached. You can also broil for 2-3 minutes in the oven.
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
SERVE YOUR GARLIC BREAD BAGUETTE WITH…
Garlic Bread Baguette (Air Fryer & Oven)
- 1 baguette See Note 1
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened See Note 2
- 2 garlic cloves, grated/minced the best garlic chopper!
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1-2 tso chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or coarse salt for sprinkling (optional)
Air Fryer Instructions (See Note 2)
- Preheat air fryer to 350°F. If your air fryer doesn't have a preheat setting, just set it to 350°F and let it come to temperature for 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix butter, garlic, garlic powder, Parmesan cheese, and parsley, if using. Mash together with a fork until well combined; set aside.
- With a serrated knife, slice baguette in half. Then, cut into thick 1 inch slices, but DO NOT cut all the way through the bread loaf. You want to hold all of that glorious garlic butter in the baugette! (See Note 3)
- Slather garlic butter mixture inside the bread slices. Be generous! Spread any remaining garlic butter on top of the bread. Then, wrap the baguette in aluminum foil.
- Air fry for 10-12 minutes until warmed through. Remove from air fryer, sprinkle with fresh parsley and sea salt, if desired. Slice through and enjoy immediately (See Note 4).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Follow instructions 2-4 above.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh parsley and sea salt. Slice through and enjoy immediately (See Note 4).