This shop has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FieryFallFlavors #TexasPete #SauceLikeYouMeanIt
This Spicy Turkey Burger is not your typical bland, dry turkey burger! It’s super juicy and bursting with flavor with just a handful of ingredients–including the STAR ingredient, Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce! It’s quick and easy and on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Turkey burgers have gotten a bad rap for being dry and tasteless. All that changes RIGHT NOW!!!! This amazing spicy turkey burger is juicy and BURSTING with flavor! Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce is mixed right into the meat keeping it juicy and flavorful, without being over-the-top spicy!
Build your burger with your favorite toppings then drizzle on lots of of the “special sauce” to make extra spicy! This burger would be perfect for fall football watching, but also makes a quick and easy weeknight meal.
I LOVE, LOVE hot sauce and Texas Pete® is one I had never tried until now–and let me tell you, I am addicted! It’s not over the top spicy, but strikes that perfect balance between super bold and flavorful with the perfect touch of heat! It’s the perfect hot sauce to have on hand to spice up ANY food! Around here, we use hot sauce on french fries, in burgers, on chicken wings, in stir fries, in marinades…the list goes on and on! We are huge hot sauce fans!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s super quick and easy making it the perfect weeknight meal or great for entertaining!
- The turkey burgers are super juicy–NOT DRY!!
- These burgers are packed with bold flavor, thanks to just a few ingredients including Texas Pete® Hot Sauce
- You can adjust the spice level to your liking.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Spicy Turkey Burger:
Turkey: Typically ground turkey comes “lean,” usually 90% lean or more. I try not to get TOOO lean– 90-93% lean works best.
Mayo: This is the secret ingredient to getting your turkey burgers juicy!! Just a couple of tablespoons works wonders! If you have extra lean turkey (96% lean or more) you might want to throw in a little extra 🙂
Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce: This is secret ingredient #2 and is mixed right into the burgers for a bold, flavorful taste, with a touch of heat! It’s also used in the “special sauce” 🙂
Toppings: Lettuce/greens, tomato, onion and mashed avocado are my toppings of choice but use whatever you like!
HOW TO MAKE SPICY TURKEY BURGERS: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Stir together ranch dressing and Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce, Refrigerate until ready to use.
Step 2: In a bowl, add ground turkey, seasoning salt, Worcestershire sauce, mayo and hot sauce.
Step 3: Using a spoon, or your hands, mix everything together until well-combined.
Step 4: Shape into 4 even patties about 4 inches across and about 1/2 inch thick.
Step 5: Place burgers in a skillet over medium high heat.
Step 6: Cook burgers about 2 minutes on the first side. Then reduce heat to medium low, flip burgers and continue to cook 4-6 minutes on the second side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. You can use an Instant Read Thermometer like this one to check–it’s such a handy kitchen tool!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, you can! Keep burgers in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat for 40-60 seconds in the microwave.
The bottle says “Medium” and I agree with that! It has a bold flavor, but isn’t over the top spicy!
Mayo is key in keeping the turkey burgers juicy. However, you can also substitute it with 2 tablespoons of olive oil or veggie oil.
Cook these turkey burgers on medium high heat for 2 minutes on the first side. Then flip, reduce heat to medium low and cook another 4-6 minutes until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- When you mix the turkey with mayo and spices, the meat will be very “wet.” It helps to get your hands a little damp so the meat doesn’t stick.
- As you shape your turkey patties, place completed patties on a piece of wax paper. This makes it super easy to remove your patties to place them in the pan.
- Feel free to customize the amount of hot sauce you use in your burgers! The spiciness mellows out during cooking, but still leaves behind the great bold flavor. 1-2 tablespoons is still kid-friendly!
We are huge fans of Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce!! It’s the perfect way spice up pretty much any food if you like bold flavor a little spice!
I found out later, that Texas Pete® has this amazing, almost cult following and has a strong community of people who are obsessed with their brand and all their products! I love that they have worked so hard to build this loyal brand community and really take care of their loyal customers! You can find Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce at retailers nationwide using this store locator.
OTHER TURKEY RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Spicy Turkey Burger
For the burgers
- 1-1 1/4 lbs. lean ground turkey breast 90% lean or more
- 2-3 tbsp Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce See Note 1
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tsp Worchershire sauce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 burger buns brioche buns work great!
- lettuce/greens, tomato, avocado, onion for topping
For the "special sauce"
- 1/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 1-3 tbsp Texas Pete® Original Hot Sauce
- Stir together ranch dressing and hot sauce. Amount of hot sauce will depend on your spice tolerance. 1 tbsp is fairly mild, while 3 is pretty hot! Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Combine ground turkey, seasoning salt, Worcestershire sauce, mayo and hot sauce (again, amount of hot sauce will depend on your spice tolerance). 2 tablespoons is still kid-friendly at my house! Stir together using a spoon or use your hands until well-mixed.
- Form turkey into 4 equal sized patties, approx. 4 inches across and 1/2 inch thick. Pro Tip: Mixture is very wet, so dipping your hands in a little water will help keep the mixture from sticking to your hands.
- In a large skillet over medium high, heat 2 tsp olive oil. Add patties and cook 2 minutes on the first side. Flip patties, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook 4-6 minutes on the second side. Check to ensure internal temperature reaches 165 degrees using an Instant Read Thermometer like this one.
- Slather buns with ranch/hot sauce mixture, add burger and desired toppings and enjoy immediately.