This Air Fryer Turkey Breast could not make your Thanksgiving any easier! Rubbed with a blend of fall spices and air fried to perfection the turkey comes out tender and juicy every time! You don’t even need to wait until Thanksgiving–the turkey cooks up in a little over 30 minutes making it quick and easy for any day of the year!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- If you are making this air fried turkey breast for Thanksgiving dinner, it totally frees up your oven for other dishes!
- A 3-4 lb turkey breast cooks in about 30 minutes!
- Tender and juicy every time!
- You can customize the spice rub however you like, depending on the holiday or time of year
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious air fryer turkey breast:
Turkey Breast: Pre-seasoned turkey breasts are all the rage right now, but do your best to look for an UNSEASONED turkey breast. The pre seasoned ones are way too salty in my opinion and we’ll be adding our own amazing spice blend!
Spices: You can really use whatever spices you like, however for Thanksgiving, I like using a dry spice rub of rosemary, thyme and garlic powder. Then salt and pepper of course! This simple spice blend tastes and smells amazing!
Olive Oil: This helps the turkey breast to get perfectly browned in the air fryer. You can also use 2 tablespoons softened Land O Lakes® Butter in Half Sticks. The half sticks come in so handy here!
HOW TO MAKE AN AIR FRIED TURKEY BREAST: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Combine all spices for the spice rub.
Step 2: Coat your turkey breast with olive oil or soften butter, then rub generously with the spice mixture.
Step 3: Air fry at 350 for 15 minutes, then flip and cook another 15-20 minutes until and instant read thermometer reads 160 degrees.
Step 4: Let the turkey breast rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can freeze slices of turkey, too! Cool completely, then store in a freezer bag for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge when ready to use.
Cook your turkey breast in the air fryer at 350 degrees.
If you are making this outside of Thanksgiving, here are a few other ways I like to season turkey:
1. Your favorite BBQ Rub
2. Poultry seasoning
3. Olive oil, lemon zest, rosemary, salt and pepper
4. Taco seasoning!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- If you have a drawer-style air fryer, there will be some amazing juices in the bottom of your drawer when the turkey is done cooking. Be sure to pour those over the top before serving!
- This turkey goes perfectly with my simple mashed potatoes and lots of the gravy poured over the top of the turkey!
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- PERFECT MASHED POTATOES AND GRAVY
- GREEN BEANS WITH PINEAPPLE AND BACON
- AN EASY THANKSGIVING MENU FOR A SMALL GATHERING
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Air Fryer Turkey Breast
- 1 unseasoned boneless turkey breast (about 3-4 lbs.) See Note 1
- 2 tbsp Land O Lakes® Butter, softened or 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp McCormick® Ground Thyme
- 1 tsp McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp McCormick® Whole Rosemary Leaves
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F. If your air fryer doesn't have a preheat setting, just set it to 350°F and give it about 5 minutes to come up to temperature.
- Pat turkey breast dry with paper towel, set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine: softened butter (or olive oil), salt, pepper, thyme, garlic powder and rosemary.
- Rub turkey breast with butter/olive oil–use your hands! Then generously rub spices all over the turkey. Use your hands and get into all the nooks and crannies!
- Air-fry turkey breast for 15 minutes one side (if using a skin-on breast, do skin side UP first).
- After 15 minutes, flip and cook 15-20 minutes more until an instant read thermometer reaches 160°F (See Note 2).
- Let the turkey rest for 5-10 minutes then cut into slices and serve!