This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
This recipe for frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer will give you crisp, perfectly seasoned fries every time! The method is simple and the air fryer does 90% of the work–just sit back and let it work it’s magic!
Frozen sweet potato fries have been a love-hate thing for me. I LOVE the way the taste and they are a super quick and easy side dish! However, I always struggled cooking them in the oven and getting them crispy!!
I played with oven temperature, cooking time, sweet potato fry BRANDS…everything! But it would always end up taking FOREVER in the oven and I’d come out with partially burned, half-crispy fries.
Enter the air fryer. Friends, this is THE BEST, easiest and quickest way to cook perfect frozen sweet potato fries! These will be done and crispy in about 20 minutes vs. 45++ minutes in the regular oven!
How do you cook frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer?
It’s ridiculously simple, my friends….
- Take potatoes out of the freezer
- Oil & Season: KEY STEP!
- Air fry for 16-18 minutes
How long do you cook frozen sweet potatoes fries in the air fryer?
It will vary just a bit depending on your air fryer, but I have found the sweet spot is 16-18 minutes at 400 degrees. I like to give the fries a little shake/toss at about the halfway point.
What brand of frozen sweet potato fries is best?
I don’t have one particular brand I am loyal to. However, I do look for one thing: uniformity in size!! There are some brands (my store brand, for example) where the fries are all sorts of shapes and sizes! That makes for uneven cooking.
I have had the best luck with the Wal-Mart Great Value brand the Trader Joe’s brand so far.
Recipe notes and tips
Frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer are super simple but there are a few tips to get them PERFECT!!!
- Make sure the fries are in one EVEN layer in the air fryer. I have the AMAZING 12 in 1 Cosori Air Fryer/Toaster Oven combo which is big enough to fit a 15 oz bag of fries on the air fry tray. However, if you have a smaller air fryer, I highly recommend air frying in two batches.
- Tossing the fries with a little oil WHILE FROZEN will keep them crisp in the air fryer!
- Add seasoning before air frying! Since you are not deep frying the sweet potatoes in oil, if you wait to season them when they come out of the air fryer, the seasoning won’t stick very well. Tossing them with a little oil and seasoning WHILE FROZEN is the key!
- You can season up these fries however your little heart desires! Any dry spices you like, or just salt and pepper is delish too! Just make sure you season them before cooking 🙂
Other recipes you’ll love
- AIR FRYER ROAST POTATOES WITH CHIPOTLE MAYO
- ONE PAN CHICKEN WITH CHERRY TOMATOES
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH SAUSAGE
Will you make these Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer?? If you do, please be sure to rate it and tag me @get.on.my.plate in Instagram--I’d love to see your creations!!
Frozen Sweet Potato Fries in the Air Fryer
- 1 15 oz bag frozen sweet potato fries
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil See Note 1
- 1 tsp garlic powder* See Note 2
- 1 tsp smoked paprika* See Note 2
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat air fryer to 400. If there is no preheat setting, just set to 400 and let the air fryer heat up for about 5 minutes.
- Toss frozen sweet potatoes in a large bowl with oil and seasonings. Using your hands works best! Make sure all of the potatoes are well-coasted.
- Spread sweet potato fries in an EVEN LAYER in fryer basket or on the fryer tray. You may have to do two batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 400 for 16-20 minutes. I like to give them a good flip/stir about halfway through. Check the fries at the 16 minute mark and adjust cooking time if needed–it might depend a bit on your air fryer. I've found 16-20 minutes is the sweet spot in our air fryer.
- Remove from air fryer and serve immediately with ketchup, ranch, honey mustard or your favorite dipping sauce!