These Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Chips could not be easier to make! Rich and delicious, no one will ever guess the are made from a boxed cake mix! Whip them up with zero fuss and drizzle them with a little white chocolate and suddenly, you’re a baking queen! (or king!)
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
All hail to the mighty boxed cake mix for easy, DELICIOUS desserts!! If hard core baking isn’t your thing or you just want something EASY to bake, you have to try my Oreo Peppermint Brownies or my super popular Granny Cake! They are so delicious no one will know (or care!) if they’re from a box!
These red velvet brownies are loaded with white chocolate chips and are made with 4 simple ingredients.
Whip them up for a quick after school snack, or take them to the next level by drizzling them with melted white chocolate! Perfect for a holiday dessert spread!
Need another perfect, EASY must-have holiday dessert?! You have to try my Easy Pecan Pie Without Corn Syrup!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Super easy and only requires 4 simple ingredients!
- Can be easily dressed up with a drizzle of white chocolate!
- Perfect for Christmas or Valentine’s Day entertaining!
- These brownies can be frozen for up to 3 months–so you can enjoy them later, too!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these delicious Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Chips:
Red Velvet Cake Mix: Any brand works just fine!
Oil: Vegetable oil or canola oil will work.
HOW TO MAKE RED VELVET BROWNIES WITH WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIPS: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Stir together brownie mix, eggs and vegetable oil. Batter will be very thick!
Step 2: Spread batter evenly into an 8×8 baking pan.
Step 3: Sprinkle on white chocolate chips.
Step 4: Bake at 350°F for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or ALMOST clean.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Try to avoid overcooking your brownies. If they cook too long, they get dry and more “cake like” vs. chewy, like other brownies. Begin checking them at around the 15-18 minute mark. When a toothpick comes out ALMOST clean, take them out. They will continue to cook when they come out of the oven.
- To spread brownies into the pan, just pour the brownie mix into the middle of your 8×8 pan. Then take a rubber spatula (or butter knife) sprayed with cooking spray and gently spread the batter into an even layer.
- To cut brownies, use a PLASTIC KNIFE! Yep! That’s right! A plastic knife cuts your brownies into nice, clean squares.
- Storage: Store brownies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Freezing: These brownies can be frozen! Cool completely, then transfer to a zip top freezer bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw, place on the counter for a few hours or overnight.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- A cream cheese frosting like this one is also AMAZING to top these brownies with instead of the white chocolate chips.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
These brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the center comes out ALMOST clean. Resist the urge to over bake them, as over baking leads to more cake-like brownies. Begin checking them at about the 15-20 minute mark.
Substituting butter for the oil will yield more cake-like brownies vs. the chewy, moist brownies you are looking for! Oil is great for keeping these brownies nice and moist.
OTHER SWEET TREATS YOU’LL LOVE
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Red Velvet Brownies with White Chocolate Chips
- 1 15.25 oz. red velvet cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray (such as Pam).
- To a large bowl, add cake mix, eggs and oil. Stir until all dry cake mix is completely incorporated into the batter. The batter will be very thick!
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan. Then, with a small spatula or butter knife sprayed with cooking spray, gently spread batter into the pan in an even layer.
- Sprinkle the white chocolate chips over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until a toothpick comes out almost clean. It's OK to under bake slightly, the brownies will continue to cook when they come out of the oven. Begin checking the brownies at about the 15-18 minute mark to ensure you don't over bake them.
- Cool brownies completely, then cut into squares. Drizzle with melted white chocolate if you like! (See Note 2).