If you have ever wondered what to do with leftover chili, these Chili Con Carne Nachos are your answer! Tortilla chips are topped with easy homemade chili con carne, drizzled with queso and sour cream and finished with a sprinkle of onions! This is the ultimate game-day (or any day!) treat!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
Is there really anything better than a giant tray of nachos in front of you?! My Ultimate Air Fryer Nachos are the BOMB and are so easy to make!
These chili nachos, are also the perfect solution for any leftover Chili con Carne you might have! Once you have your chili, these nachos come together in minutes! Just a few minutes to bake in the oven and you’re done!
These nachos chili con carne make a perfect party or game day snack! Check out my 21 Amazing Side Dishes for Nachos and let the party begin!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s the perfect, delicious solution for leftover chili!
- A crowd pleasing game-day treat!
- Toppings can be easily customized.
- Super quick and easy to pull together!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these delicious Chili con Carne Nachos:
Chili: These nachos are ideal if you have leftover Chili con Carne!
Queso: You can absolutely use store bought queso to make this recipe quick and easy. I have found nacho cheese sauce in a CAN is so much better than the jarred stuff! The Que Bueno! brand can usually be found at Costco and this La Preferida brand nacho cheese can be found at large chain grocery stores.
If you want to make your own, here is an easy recipe: Easy Queso.
Tortilla Chips: Tortilla chips that are on the heartier side work much better than thin “restaurant style” chips. You can also mix and match different kinds of tortilla chips as well!
Cheese: Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Pepper Jack work perfectly for chili nachos because they all melt so well. However, most any of your favorite cheeses will work! I prefer to shred my own cheese for nachos. Bagged cheeses are coated with cellulose and don’t melt as well as freshly grated cheese!
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread chips out in an even layer.
Step 2: Spoon chili all over chips making sure each chip has a bit of chili on it. Then sprinkle shredded cheese over the top.
Step 3: Bake at 350°F for 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted and chili is warm. While nachos are in the oven, warm nacho cheese sauce in the microwave until heated through.
Step 4: Remove nachos from the oven and top with nacho cheese sauce (queso), sour cream and green and red onions (and any other desired toppings). Serve immediately!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Use thick-cut tortilla chips as they stay crisp even with all the toppings!
- If you want your sour cream more “pourable,” mix it with a tablespoon or two of milk.
HOW TO REHEAT NACHOS
Most likely, you will not have any leftovers 🙂 But if you need to reheat your nachos, follow these simple steps:
- Place nachos on an oven safe dish or baking sheet.
- Scatter some extra cheese on top of your nachos.
- Bake nachos on a LOW heat (about 250-300°F) for about 10 minutes until chips have reached their desired crispiness.
- Enjoy (again)!!
ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Adding additional toppings is never a bad idea! Add any toppings you would put on regular chili con carne! Such as….sliced jalapeños, cilantro, avocado, radishes, lime or hot sauce! Anything goes, really! It’s nachos! There is no wrong way!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Tortilla chips that are on the heartier side work much better than thin “restaurant style” chips. You can also mix and match different kinds of tortilla chips as well! Try adding in some blue corn chips for extra color!
OTHER GAME DAY SNACKS YOU’LL LOVE
- ULTIMATE AIR FRYER NACHOS
- PERFECT AIR FRYER ROASTED POTATOES WITH CHIPOTLE MAYO
- EASY PICO DE GALLO
- CHEESY BACON AND CORN CRACK DIP
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
The Best Chili Con Carne Nachos
- Preheat oven for 350°F. Line a baking sheet with with parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Spread tortilla chips on the baking sheet in an EVEN layer.
- Spoon chili all over chips making sure each chip has a bit of chili on it. Then sprinkle shredded cheese over the top. Again, make sure every chips has some cheese!!!
- Bake 4-5 minutes until cheese is melted and chili is warm.
- While nachos are baking, heat the nacho cheese sauce/queso (if using store bought) in the microwave until heated through and pourable.
- When the nachos come out of the oven, drizzle with hot queso, sour cream and then top with onions. Dig in immediately!