One bite of this cheesy bacon and corn crack dip and you won’t wonder why it’s called CRACK DIP! Smokey bacon, corn and cheese are combined to create the absolute perfect cold dip for parties and sports watching! Have the recipe handy, because you’ll be asked for it!
**This post was updated in December, 2021 to include new photos and small changes to the recipe to make it even better!
I am not too much of a party person, but what I DO LOVE??! PARTY SNACKS! Oh, I’d go to parties all day just for the snacks!
HOWEVER this cold crack dip with bacon is a thing of glory. I can’t even pin point WHY is soooooo amazing, it just is (probably something to do with bacon and cheese?!). Your guests can’t stop eating it and they ALWAYS ask for the recipe.
So gather around the dip bowl and let’s get dippin’!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Sooooo good you can’t stop eating it!!
- Crowd-pleaser at parties–it’s especially great for football watching!
- Super easy to make! Just throw everything in and stir!
- You can easily make this a day ahead. It keeps well in the fridge.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Cheesy Bacon and Corn Crack Dip:
Mayo: Use the real stuff! It tastes so much better in this dip!
Cheese: Freshly grated cheese is the BEST and I highly recommend it. However, in a pinch, you can use pre-grated. Sharp cheddar is what I always use.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESY CORN CRACK DIP: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Fry bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels; set aside.
Step 2: Combine all other ingredients: sour cream, mayo, corn, chilis, scallions and cheese. Stir in cooled bacon.
Step 3: Chill 1 hour in the fridge or overnight to allow the flavors to come together.
Step 4: Serve with tortilla chips!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- This dips tastes best if you allow it a few hours (or overnight) to chill and bring all of the flavors together.
- A sprinkle of chili powder, cayenne pepper or smoked paprika is sooooo yummy over the top of this dip!
Make Ahead: This dip is fantastic to make ahead! Make it a day in advance.
Storage: This dip can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Before serving, just give it a big stir.
Freezing: I do not recommend freezing this dip.
ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Celery: If you want a little crunch, finely chopped celery is great in this dish!
- Sour Cream: Full fat or low fat sour cream is fine! Just be sure to use real mayo!
- Corn: Thawed, frozen corn works great as well.
- Cheese: Sharp cheddar is classic, but you can use any flavorful cheese. Swiss works well, too!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Any kind of tortilla chips are perfect! I also like serving it with Wheat Thin-type crackers. I wouldn’t argue dunking garlic bread or baguette pieces in this dip, either!
Nothing beats freshly cooked bacon, but in a pinch, pre cooked bacon could work! I would add about a cup of bacon bits for a nice bacon flavor.
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
OTHER PARTY FOOD YOU’LL LOVE
Cheesy Bacon and Corn Crack Dip
- 8 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 2 15 oz. cans of sweet corn
- 1 cup mayo (use the real stuff!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 4 oz. can diced green chilis
- 3-6 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- cayenne pepper/chili powder/smoked paprika for topping optional
- In large skillet, cook bacon 7-10 minutes until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and allow a few minutes to cool.
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl. Add bacon when cool. Stir well until everything is combined.
- Chill 1-2 hours or overnight before serving to allow all the flavors to come together.
- Sprinkle with cayenne pepper/chili powder/smoked paprika for some spice, if you like! Serve with tortilla chips.