This Chrissy Teigen Chicken Noodle Soup recipe will be your easy, go-to chicken soup recipe whenever someone is sick or you are just craving some good, solid chicken soup for the soul! This recipe is simple and easy and uses rotisserie chicken to make it come together quickly. The recipe comes from Chrissy Teigen’s cookbook, Cravings — I’ve added just a few notes and additions for you!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
In the fall and winter, soup…especially CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP–is the ultimate comfort food! Christy Teigen’s Chicken Noodle Soup has been my go-to recipe on cold days or whenever someone in the house is sick.
This soup is comfort food, yet it’s super healthy and nourishing. Loaded with veggies and fresh herbs, it has the simmered-all-day flavor but comes together, start to finish, in about an hour. Need something quicker? Try this Red Chicken Chili! Super healthy, delish and QUICK1
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Deep, rich flavors in a short amount of time!
- Uses rotiserrie chicken to make it quick and easy!
- Healthy and nourishing–great when anyone has a cold!
- Perfect, go-to recipe for soup season and zillion times better than the canned stuff!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make Chrissy Teigen’s Chicken Noodle Soup:
Rostisserie Chicken: I prefer meat from the chicken breasts-only for this soup, but feel free to use meat from the whole chicken! You can’t have enough chicken in chicken soup! 🙂
Chicken Broth: Chrissy’s recipe calls for chicken broth, but I prefer chickenn STOCK for richer flavor. Just be sure it’s low sodium (see notes in the recipe card). You can also add two chicken bouillon cubes to your chicken broth to deepen the flavor.
HOW TO MAKE CHRISSY TEIGEN’S CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: In a large pot, cook onion in olive oil until soft.
Step 2: Add carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper.
Step 3: Add in your 10 cups of chicken broth and bay leaf and bring to a boil. Lower temperature and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Step 4: Add in chicken and egg noodles. Cook for 5-10 minutes until noodles are cooked through.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Chrissy’s recipe says to cook the soup for 45 minutes to marry the flavors together. When first testing this soup, I found that to be WAY too long and the veggies got super soggy. I found 20-30 minutes of simmering to be perfect.
- Make sure you use low sodium chicken broth (or stock). The recipe calls for 1 tablespoon of kosher salt and that is the perfect amount if you are using LOW SODIUM broth. If you are using regular salted broth, decreae the amount of salt you add to 2 teaspoons.
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
TASTE your soup as it cooks add more salt ONLY if needed. Too salty? No problem! Just add in a few splashes of water or a little more chicken broth to dilute the saltiness.
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: The best part about this recipe is that it’s DELISH the next day as leftovers! Store leftover soup in airtight containers like these in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Reheating: The noodles tend to absorb lots of the broth, so when reheating, add a few splashes of chicken broth to the soup. Reheat in a small pan or in the microwave until heated though.
- Freezing: This soup freezes well. Cool soup completely. Then freeze in freezer safe containers or in Ziploc bags for up to 2 months. To reheat this chicken noodle soup, thaw overnight in the fridge and follow reheating instructions above.
Low Sodium Chicken Broth: You can use salted chicken broth or stock, just make sure you decreased the salt added to the recipe to 1 teaspoons. You can also use low sodium vegetable broth or stock.
Rotisserie Chicken: Any plain-cooked chicken will work in this recipe.
Egg Noodles: Any small-shaped pasta will work! I actually use Rotini a lot of times when making this soup because my kids love it!
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
TRY THESE AMAZING SOUPS NEXT…
Chrissy Teigen’s Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 5 medium carrots, cut into coins or half moons about 2 cups
- 6 celery stalks, cut into half moons about 2 cups
- 2 tbsp minced garlic about 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp kosher salt See Note 1
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 10 cups low sodium chicken broth or chicken stock See Note 1
- 2 cups wide egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 1/2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken meat
- In a big soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring until softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery, garlic, thyme, 1 tablespoon of salt (See Note 1), and 1 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring until the carrots soften slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes to meld the flavors (See Note 2).
- Stir in the noodles and chicken and simmer 5-10 minutes until noodles are cooked through. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Discard the bay leaf. Chrissy's recommends serving with buttered saltines like she used to enjoy with her dad.
- I like to garnish with fresh parsley or green onions and a squeeze of lemon!