These Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders are piled with ham, fluffy scrambled eggs, **two** layers of melty cheese, then drizzled with honey butter! They make a great brunch dish or holiday breakfast. You’ll be addicted to these breakfast sliders immediately!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
I love making easy breakfast recipes that people can just dig into like these Easy Chocolate Baked Oats or these Air Fryer French Toast Sticks and this Easy Bisquick Coffee Cake! HOWEVER–savory breakfast recipes truly have my heart!! With lots of cheese??! I’ll never refuse!
These easy breakfast sliders will be a HIT for a Christmas day breakfast, holiday brunch, lazy weekends or early game days (Midwesterners, I’m looking at YOU!).
These sliders are filled with scrambled eggs, ham, lots of cheese (of course) then brushed with an amazing honey butter glaze! It’s breakfast heaven, let me tell you!
Need another crowd-pleasing breakfast? Try this delicious Bisquick Breakfast Casserole with Sausage!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Simple and easy to prepare!
- Recipe can be doubled to feed a crowd.
- So many delicious ways to customize these breakfast sliders!
- Much of the dish can be made ahead of time for stress-free entertaining.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these amazing Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders:
Hawaiian Rolls: I always buy King’s Hawaiian Rolls but any sweet roll will work. You can even use plain (non sweet) slider buns.
Cheese: You’ll need two kinds of cheese for these cheesy breakfast sliders: sliced and shredded! You really can’t go wrong, so choose your faves! My favorites are White American Cheese Slices (I get these at my deli counter) and grated Fontina. Plain American cheese slices (like Kraft) are amazing, too–not gonna lie!
Ham: I like using thinly sliced honey ham for these sliders because it’s easy to pile on top of the sliders. However, whatever ham you have on hand will work.
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Scramble your eggs. Preheat oven to 350°F.
Step 2: Cut Hawaiian rolls in half. Do you best to keep them all together, but it’s fine if some of them come apart! I added some extra rolls to make everything fit nicely into my baking dish 🙂
Step 3: Layer your cheese slices on top of your Hawaiian rolls. Then, layer on scrambled eggs on top of the cheese.
Step 4: Pile on your ham layer!
Step 5: Top everything with shredded cheese!
Top 6: Add the bun tops and brush with honey butter.
Step 7: Bake sliders at 350°F for 15-20 until slightly browned on top and cheese is nice and melty!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- I love the convenience of of shredded cheese, but if you have the time, shred your own! It melts so much better!
- If you don’t have a baking dish that fits the rolls exactly, no worries! You can either trim a few rolls to make them fit OR just use a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Using a baking sheet makes them easy to cut, too!
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Leftovers: Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Any longer and they get a bit soggy. If you think you will be storing these, I would leave off the honey butter and brush it on when you reheat.
- Freezing: These sliders freeze up pretty well. Allow sliders to cool completely. Then wrap individually in plastic wrap. Once they are all wrapped, throw them in a large freezer bag and freeze for for up to 3 months. ((Note: When freezing, I recommend NOT drizzling with the honey butter. When you reheat them from the freezer, that is when you can brush on the honey butter!))
- Reheating: Note that Hawaiian rolls with the honey butter can get a bit soggy when reheating, especially in the microwave. These breakfast sliders are best reheated in an oven or toaster oven at 350°F for a few minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat them straight from frozen! Just add a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
There are soooo many ways to customize these breakfast sliders!!! Mix and match!
- Rolls: King’s Hawaiian rolls are my favorite and widely available but any “slider type” rolls are great!
- Cheese: The meltier the cheese, the better! Here are some suggestions of cheeses that melt well: American cheese slices, fontina, mozzarella, sharp cheddar, smoked gouda and Swiss.
- Protein/Meat: Cooked, crumbled breakfast sausage, bacon (any kind…smoked, peppered, etc) or Canadian bacon. Plant-based versions of breakfast meat are a great vegetarian alternative.
- Drizzle: Maple syrup swapped for the honey is also delish!!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes! There are two ways to do it:
If making a few hours ahead: Assemble everything EXCEPT do not brush on the honey butter. Cover tightly and refrigerate a few hours until you are ready to bake it. Right before baking, drizzle on your honey butter. Keep in mind, you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time if it’s coming straight from the fridge.
If making the day before: If you want to make this the night before, I suggest scrambling your eggs and storing them in the fridge in an air tight container. That’s really the only time consuming part of the process. Then, when you are ready to eat, you can assemble the sliders in minutes.
Fresh fruit or these delicious, easy Air Fryer Hash Browns are perfect sides!
OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders
- 16 Hawaiian rolls (or slider rolls)
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk optional
- 9 slices American cheese See Note 1
- 9 slices thinly sliced ham
- 2 cups shredded cheese See Note 1
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt/pepper to taste
- Beat eggs in milk in a medium bowl. In a large non stick skillet over low heat, pour in egg mixture and scramble 5-7 minutes, stirring often until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Slice Hawaiian rolls in half and lay them flat in baking pan or on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Start layering on your cheese slices–overlap them so them all fit.
- Next, top the cheese slices with scrambled eggs.
- Then, pile on your ham. Again, overlap is fine!
- Top everything with the shredded cheese and place tops back on the sliders.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, add butter and honey. Microwave for 10-15 seconds until melted. Brush the honey butter over the tops of the sliders.
- Bake sliders 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the cheese and nice and melty inside. Allow a few minutes for the sliders to cool, then cut and enjoy right away!