These cheesy Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders are piled with ham, fluffy scrambled eggs, **two** layers of melty cheese, then drizzled with honey butter! Always a crowd favorite, they make a delicious brunch dish or holiday breakfast. You’ll be addicted to these breakfast sliders immediately!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders Recipe:
Hawaiian Rolls: I always buy sweet Hawaiian rolls (like King’s) but you can use plain (non-sweet) slider buns or dinner rolls.
Cheese: You’ll need two kinds of cheese for these cheesy breakfast sliders: sliced and shredded. You really can’t go wrong, so choose your faves! My favorites are white American cheese slices (I get these at my deli counter) and grated Fontina or cheddar. Plain American cheese slices (like Kraft Singles) are amazing, too–not gonna lie!
Ham: I like using thinly sliced honey ham because it’s easy to pile on top of the sliders. However, whatever ham you have on hand will work. Thickly sliced deli ham is delicious, too.
HOW TO MAKE HAWAIIAN ROLL BREAKFAST SLIDERS: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the printable recipe card below!
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. In a large pan, scramble your eggs and set aside.
Step 2: Cut Hawaiian rolls in half. Do your best to keep them all together, but it’s fine if some of them come apart. Then, layer on cheese slices and scrambled eggs.
Step 3: Layer on your ham and sprinkle with top with shredded cheese.
Then, in a small bowl, microwave butter and honey for 15-20 seconds until melted.
Step 4: Place the tops of the Hawaiian rolls back on, and brush generously with melted butter mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the cheese is nice and melty.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- I love the convenience of shredded cheese, but if you have the time, shred your own! It melts so much better!
- For easy cleanup or if you are transporting this dish, use a disposable foil pan.
Make Ahead Tip
Scramble the eggs ahead of time and store them in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the sliders. This makes these breakfast sliders super quick and stress-free to prepare!
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Leftovers: Store leftover breakfast sliders in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Any longer and they get a bit soggy.
- Freezing: These sliders freeze up pretty well. Allow sliders to cool completely. Then wrap individually in plastic wrap. Once they are all wrapped, throw them in a large freezer bag and freeze for for up to 3 months. ((Note: When freezing, I recommend NOT drizzling with the honey butter. When you reheat them from the freezer, that is when you can brush on the honey butter!))
- Reheating: Note that Hawaiian rolls with the honey butter can get a bit soggy when reheating, especially in the microwave. These breakfast sliders are best reheated in an oven or air fryer at 350°F for a few minutes until warmed through. You can also reheat them straight from frozen! Just add a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Seasoning: A sprinkle of bagel seasoning or just a little sprinkle of sea salt over the top of the sliders is delicious for a perfectly savory + sweet bite.
- Caramelized Onions: Layering caramelized onions over the fluffy eggs is divine!
- Mustard: Spread Dijon mustard or honey mustard over the bottom layer of the rolls for added flavor.
- Rolls: King’s Hawaiian rolls are my favorite and widely available but any “slider type” rolls are great!
- Cheese: The meltier the cheese, the better! American cheese slices, fontina, mozzarella, sharp cheddar cheese, smoked gouda, and pepper jack are all great options for super melty cheeses!
- Protein/Meat: Cooked, crumbled breakfast sausage, crispy bacon, or Canadian bacon are delicious in place of ham. Plant-based versions of breakfast meat are a great vegetarian alternative.
- Honey: Use maple syrup instead of honey for a delicious maple butter glaze!
YOUR QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Yes! There are two ways to do it:
If making a few hours ahead: Assemble everything EXCEPT do not brush on the honey butter. Cover tightly and refrigerate for a few hours until you are ready to bake it. Right before baking, drizzle on your honey butter. Keep in mind, you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time if it’s coming straight from the fridge.
If making the day before: If you want to make this the night before, I suggest scrambling your eggs and storing them in the fridge in an air-tight container. That’s really the only time-consuming part of the process. Then, when you are ready to eat, you can assemble the sliders in minutes.
In a Dinner Rut?
Grab your 7-Day Meal Plan + 3 Bonus Recipes!
Brunch Recipes You’ll Love
Cheesy Hawaiian Roll Breakfast Sliders
- 16 sweet rolls, like Kings Hawaiian Rolls regular slider rolls or dinner rolls work too
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 9 slices American cheese See Note 1
- 9 slices thinly sliced ham
- 2 cups shredded cheese See Note 1
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- salt/pepper to taste
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare Eggs: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs in milk. In a large non-stick skillet over medium heat, pour in egg mixture and scramble 5-7 minutes, stirring often until cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Start Layering: Slice Hawaiian rolls in half (try to keep them all together but it's OK if they come apart!) and lay them flat on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You can also squeeze them into a 9×9 casserole dish. Start layering on your cheese slices–overlap cheese slices so they all fit.
- Continue Layering: Next, top the cheese slices with scrambled eggs. Then, pile on your ham. Again, overlap is fine!Top everything with the shredded cheese and place the tops back on the sliders.
- Make Honey Butter: In a small microwave-safe bowl, add butter and honey. Microwave for 10-15 seconds until melted. Brush the butter mixture over the top of the rolls.
- Bake: Bake the breakfast sliders for 15-20 minutes until the tops are golden brown and the cheese and nice and melty inside. Allow a few minutes for the sliders to cool, then dig in and enjoy right away!