This Simple Air Fryer Fish Sandwich is cooked in the air fryer to perfection, then slathered with an addicting lemon mayo! A simple and delicious lunch or dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
Lately I have been learning to love fish more and more and trying to experiment with different cooking methods. I never used to make fish very often because I was just really BAD at cooking it! ((picture burned fish pieces stuck to a pan…))
I have been determined to get it right and right now I have two keys to amazing fish:
- My AMAZING Cosori Air Fryer
- An amazing sauce of some sort!
The actual COOKING of the fish is totally done by the Air Fryer and the sauce—it just makes the sandwich divine!
How to make a Simple Air Fryer Fish Sandwich: The Game Plan
I love giving you a “game plan” or “order of operations” to make recipes come together super quickly and help you make the best use of your time.
- Season fish, roll in Panko breadcrumbs and air fry 15-20 minutes
- While fish is in the air fryer, prepare the lemon mayo
- Toast buns or bread and gather whatever “toppings” you want
- Slather buns with lemon mayo, top with hot air fried fish, toppings and ENJOY!
What should I serve with these air fryer fish sandwiches?
My Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes would be perfect! I would air fry these before the fish. Then when the fish comes out, put the potatoes back in for 2-3 minutes to warm them through.
Recipe notes and tips
- Cooking time will depend a lot on how thick your cuts of fish are. Investing in an Instant Read Thermometer like this one takes all the guesswork out of it! Just cook until the internal temp reaches 145.
- You can definitely make this a low carb or keto meal by just removing the bun and enjoying it on a bed of greens, topped with the lemon mayo!
- Want to make even lower carb? Forgo the panko! This fish is still delicious in the air fryer without the panko crust.
Other recipes you’ll love
- AIR FRYER ROAST POTATOES WITH CHIPOTLE MAYO
- PERFECT AIR FRYER BBQ CHICKEN
- PERFECT AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO FRIES
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Simple Air Fryer Fish Sandwich
For the fish
- 1-1.5 lbs. firm white fish (like Cod), cut into 4 pieces
- 4 buns, toasted (See Note 1)
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
For the lemon mayo
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dill relish
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt/pepper to taste
Sandwiches toppings (optional!)
- sliced tomato
- lettuce or arugula
- red onion
- Preheat air fryer to 400 or if there is no preheat setting, just set to 400 and let it come to temperature for about 3-4 minutes.
- Prepare fish: Sprinkle each filet with Cajun seasoning and a little salt. Brush each piece with a light layer of mayo. Dip each piece in panko and place on air fryer tray or basket.
- Air fry fish for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145. Time will depend on how thick your fish is.
- While fish is cooking, make the lemon mayo. Combine all ingredients and stir well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Slather each bun (top and bottom) with lemon mayo. Top with fish and any other toppings. Serve immediately!