This Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt bowl is perfect if you are craving a sweet treat or cookie dough craving but don’t want to break the calorie bank! It’s perfect for breakfast or a healthy afternoon snack!
Sometimes I get MAJOR sweet cravings! It usually comes in the afternoon around 3 or 4pm. It feels like I just CANNOT WAIT until dinnertime! I need a treat–STAT!
Luckily, this sweet, yet healthy and satisfying Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt recipe always comes through! Like other yogurt bowls, it’s a healthy snack, but it’s also protein packed, so it’s a great way to not only cure your sweet tooth, but stave off your hunger pangs until dinnertime!
I also find this is a healthy breakfast! You could even swap out the chocolate for a sliced banana to keep it super healthy and filling! If you want another healthy, yet sweet treat, you can’t miss my Banana Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Sweet tooth satisfied in about 5 minutes!
- Protein from the Greek yogurt and peanut butter help to keep you full!
- A sweet, yet healthy snack for the whole family–super kid-friendly!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious, healthy Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt Recipe:
Greek Yogurt: I usually get 2% but feel free to use any kind you like.
ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
- Nuts: They add a great crunch and a little added protein! I love almonds and pecans with this.
- Fruit Slices: Apple slices are great dippers for this faux chocolate chip cookie dough! You can turn this into a healthy cookie dough dip!
- Yogurt: Vanilla Greek yogurt is super yummy too! Since it has sugar, just pull back on the honey a little or omit it all together.
- Chocolate Chips: White chocolate chips, caramel chips or dark chocolate chips would be great, too! You can also substitute bananas or other chopped fruit in place of the chocolate chips for a healthier option.
- Honey: Maple syrup is a great substitute for honey. You can also sprinkle on brown sugar for sweetness in place of the honey.
- Peanut Butter: To lower the calorie count, use PB2! It mixes in beautifully! You can also use another nut butter such as almond butter or cashew butter.
- Storage: These little cookie dough Greek yogurt bowls store perfectly in the fridge for 2-3 days. Make them ahead of time and and store them in a small airtight container (these are my favorite little containers) or covered tightly with plastic wrap. They’ll be ready anytime a sugar craving hits!
- Freezing: These cookie dough bowls are great to freeze for a frozen yogurt treat!
OTHER SWEET TREATS YOU’LL LOVE
- EASY DOUBLE CHOCOLATE BANANA MUFFINS
- EASY BLUEBERRY BANANA OATMEAL MUFFINS
- THE BEST FUDGY BOXED BROWNIES
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Cookie Dough Greek Yogurt with Chocolate Chips
- 2 5.5 oz. containers of plain Greek Yogurt about 1 1/4 cups if you buy it in bulk
- 2 tbsp peanut butter, softened (See Note 1)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate chips plus more to taste
- sprinkle of sea salt
- In a small or medium bowl, combine yogurt, peanut butter, honey, vanilla and chocolate chips. Stir, stir, stir until everything is well mixed. Top with a sprinkle of sea salt and enjoy!