This easy, crustless pizza bowl is so much fun to make and can be customized however you like! It’s a super-fun take on traditional pizza night but these pizza bowls are keto-friendly and low-carb!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
I could easily survive on pizza alone…and I like to keep things simple, but try new, fun variations! Like my Easy Tortilla Pizza or these amazing “viral” Pizza Wraps. Hailey Bieber’s Pizza Toast never disappoints, either! But these little crustless pizza bowls are also simple, and a fun way to change up pizza night!
Several pizza chains, such as Marco’s Pizza, have debuted their low-carb and keto-friendly pizza or pizza bowls — I thought this was such a fun idea! Making a pizza bowl without the crust keeps things on the lighter side, and gives you lots of room to play around with lots of fun ingredients!
As far as toppings, the sky’s the limit with this recipe!! It all comes out in a delicious, cheesy, pizza-bowl bliss!! You really can’t go wrong.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s such a fun twist on pizza night for the whole family! Everyone can make their own bowl with their favorite toppings!
- All the yummy flavors of pizza, without the carbs!
- Great way to satisfy a pizza craving without the carbs from a pizza crust! It’s keto-friendly and low-carb.
- It’s also gluten-free AND can be made vegetarian!
- Easy meal, super quick and simple! Can be made in less than 30 minutes!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Easy Crustless Pizza Powl Recipe:
Toppings: I am showing sausage, green bell peppers, and onions here, but sky’s the limit! Use your favorite toppings! Anything goes!
Sauce: To keep it keto-friendly, look for a low-sugar marinara sauce. Rao’s is my absolute favorite!
HOW TO MAKE THIS EASY PIZZA BOWL RECIPE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that the recipe card below will include full instructions with exact ingredients!
Step 1: Brown sausage or other meat if using.
Step 2: To assemble pizza bowls, start by adding a layer of marinara sauce.
Step 3: Then add your toppings of choice.
Step 4: End with cheese, then repeat. I like doing two big layers. Make sure you end with the cheese layer!
Step 5: Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes until cheese is bubbly and golden brown on top.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- If you are using sausage or another meat, I always like to brown the meat, then when it’s almost done, throw in my veggies and sauté them for a few minutes with the meat. It’s not necessary to cook your veggies beforehand, though–it just adds another layer of flavor!
- For a nicely browned top, broil 1-2 minutes at the very end of baking.
🌟CONFIDENCE TIP 🌟
If you want to add some freshness to your pizza bowl, sprinkle on some fresh toppings like chopped fresh basil, arugula, cherry tomatoes, or a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese after they come out of the oven.
STORAGE AND REHEATING
- Storage: Store leftover pizza bowls in the fridge covered tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. The leftover pizza bowls are best if eaten within a day or two.
- Reheating: For best results, reheat pizza bowls in the oven at 400°F for 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and the toppings are warmed through. You can also reheat them in the microwave for 2-3 minutes on medium power until warm.
ADDITIONS & SUBSTITUTIONS
Make it Veggie: You can easily replace the sausage with more veggies! I love green bell pepper, onions, mushrooms and olives.
Cheese: Any good-melting cheese is perfect. Provolone cheese, fontina, or Monterey Jack are great options.
Make it Spicy: Add jalapenos and crushed red pepper flakes to spice it up!
Make it Healthier: Replace the sausage with turkey pepperoni or nix the protein all together and do a veggie-only bowl.
Herbs: Fresh herbs like basil, or dried herbs like oregano or Italian seasoning are delicious additions sprinkeled over the top.
Ranch dressing: A drizzle of ranch dressing on top of your pizza bowl is delish!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Of course, topping choices are endless! Use whatever combos you like! Some of our faves are:
* Family Fave: Sausage/onion/pepper
* Hawaiian: Pineapple/bacon
* Veggie: peppers, onions, mushrooms, olives
* Kid’s: Pepperoni and extra cheese
No matter what your toppings, layering works as follows:
TOPPINGS OF CHOICE
TOPPINGS OF CHOICE
Without the pizza crust, heck yes! Just be sure to choose a marinara or pizza sauce that is low sugar. Our all-time favorite is Rao’s.
YES! Pizza bowls are great to make ahead! Assemble the bowls and cover with plastic wrap. Store them in the fridge until you are ready to bake.
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
Give this recipe a star rating! I love your feedback!
OTHER PIZZA RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Easy Crustless Pizza Bowl Recipe
- 2 cups pizza or marinara sauce
- 1-2 sweet Italian sausages, casings removed See Note 1
- 2 cups favorite pizza toppings See Note 1
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Prep: Preheat oven to 400. Spray 4 medium, oven-safe bowls or ramekins with cooking spray. I like using these 12oz. ramekins.
- Cook: If using sausage or another meat that needs to be cooked, brown meat in a skillet over medium-high heat. Set aside.
- Layer: Start layering your bowls or ramekins. Start with about 2 tablespoons of each ingredient. Layer 1: Sauce, Layer 2: "Toppings." Layer 3: Cheese. Then repeat once more: sauce, toppings, cheese.
- Bake: Place bowls on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese starts to bubble and gets slightly golden brown on top. Optional: Broil for last minute of cooking so the cheese gets nice and brown!
- Cool: Allow pizza bowls to cool for 3-5 minutes and enjoy!