This pepperoni pizza bowl recipe is so much fun to make and can be customized however you like! It’s a super-fun take on traditional pizza night and can be made keto friendly and low carb as well!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
I could easily survive on pasta and pizza alone…and I like to keep things simple. Like my Creamy Tahini Pasta with Lemon or my Roasted Pasta with Parmesan and Pepper. These Pizza Bowls are simple, but a fun way to change up pizza night!
Several pizza chains have recently debuted their low carb pizza or pizza bowls — I thought this was such a fun idea! Although this pizza bowl recipe use a crust, it can be easily adapted to be low carb and keto-friendly!
While my family’s choice is always pepperoni, sky’s the limit with this recipe!! It all comes out in a delicious bowl of cheesy bliss.
- Pre made pizza crust. Pillsbury works really well! (not needed for Keto/low carb version)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni (or any other toppings you want to use)
- Marinara Sauce
What kind of “bowl” do I bake a Pizza Bowl in??
Oven proof ramekins with a flat bottom work best. These 4.7″ ramekins work perfectly! If you are not using crust (for keto and low carb friendly version) you can just pile your ingredients in any small oven-proof bowl like these,
How to make Pepperoni Pizza Bowls: The Game Plan
I love giving you a “game plan” or “order of operations” to make recipes come together super quickly and help you make the best use of your time.
- Cut and prepare dough then pre bake at 400.
- While dough is baking, gather ingredients: cheese, sauce, toppings (cut/prep, if needed).
- Take dough out of oven (increase oven temp to 450), allow to cool just slightly, then start building your pizza bowls!
- Bake at 450 for 7-9 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly browned on top.
- Remove pizza bowls from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes and serve immediately.
What are some variations on these pizza bowls?
Make these pizza bowls low carb and keto friendly by ditching the crust (see below!). You can also swap in whatever toppings you want! Just sub the “pepperoni” layer, with whatever toppings you love!
Layering works as follows:
- Crust (omit for low carb/keto version)
- TOPPINGS OF CHOICE
- TOPPINGS OF CHOICE + More Cheese!
How to make pizza bowls low carb and keto friendly
Easy! Ditch the crust and replace that layer with another protein and some veggies! Instead of the crust layer, use cooked lean ground beef/turkey/chicken/sausage, zucchini, olives, mushrooms, bell peppers…sky’s the limit! Brown the meat and veggies together in a skillet. Then just use this mixture as your “crust” layer.
You can also choose a marinara or pizza sauce that is low sugar–our all-time favorite is Rao’s.
Can you store any leftovers?
To be honest, these do not keep well. The crust tends to get a bit soggy if it sits in the fridge for an amount of time. These pizza bowls are meant to be enjoyed right away! The crustless version keeps slightly better, but I still recommend enjoying them right out of the oven!
Other recipes you’ll love
- THE BEST AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD
- ONE PAN CHICKEN WITH CHERRY TOMATOES
- CREAMY PESTO GNOCCHI WITH LEMON (10 MINUTE RECIPE!)
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Easy Pepperoni Pizza Bowls
- 1 tube store-bought pizza dough (such as Pillsbury) (omit if making keto/low carb version)
- 2 cups pizza or marinara sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni* See Note 1
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray 4 oven-safe ramekins with cooking spray. These ramekins work great!
- Roll out pre made pizza dough. Using a pizza cutter, cut dough into (4) 3" by 3" pieces. Store remaining dough in plastic wrap for another use (omit this step if doing keto/low carb version).
- Press dough pieces into the bottom of each ramekin. Then bake dough only for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned (see picture above/omit this step for low carb/keto version).
- Increase oven temperature to 450 and preheat.
- When the pre cooked dough has cooled slightly, start layering: sauce, cheese, pepperoni (or other toppings, See Note 2), sauce, cheese, pepperoni (or other toppings, See Note 2) then top with another layer of cheese!*
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for 7-9 minutes until cheese starts to bubble and gets slightly browned on top. Optional: broil for last minute of cooking so the cheese gets nice and brown!
- Allow to cool for 3-5 minutes and serve immediately.