This post has been sponsored by Del Monte®, Land O’ Lakes, Inc. and McCormick®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Perfect Mashed Potatoes and Gravy RIGHT HERE!! Creamy, buttery mashed potatoes mixed with a little sour cream, and a secret ingredient! McCormick® Turkey Gravy Seasoning Mix makes rich, delicious gravy that’s an absolute cinch and comes together in about 2 minutes!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Smooth, creamy mashed potatoes with zero lumps and perfect texture!
- Gravy is done in 2 minutes flat!
- Perfectly seasoned and salted with just two spices.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these delicious, perfect mashed potatoes and gravy:
Potatoes: I find regular old russet potatoes make the best, most traditional, creamy mashed potatoes. But you can use whatever type of potato you like! Yukon Golds are also great!
Seasoned Salt: This is my secret weapon! Seasoned Salt is a blend of salt, paprika, onion, garlic and other spices to make the perfect blend for seasoning up your taters!
Gravy Mix: If you are cooking a turkey breast in the air fryer (or a smaller turkey), you may not have tons of drippings to make your gravy. This McCormick® Turkey Gravy Seasoning Mix is a GODSEND! You have delicious, rich gravy in about 2 minutes…one less thing to worry about!
Land O Lakes® Half and Half: You can also sub in whole milk or heavy cream.
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT MASHED POTATOES AND GRAVY: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Boil your potatoes until fork tender, then drain. With a potato masher, mash JUST the potatoes for 2-3 minutes to release all of the steam (this ensures no glue-like potatoes and keeps them super creamy and smooth).
Step 2: Add in your butter, sour cream, half and half and spices!
Step 3: Mash potatoes until all ingredients are incorporated and potatoes are mashed to your desired texture (you may have to switch over to a spoon toward the end).
Step 4: Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl. Over low heat, combine your turkey gravy seasoning mix with water, heat about 2 minutes until warm and slightly thickened. Serve over potatoes and turkey.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Store leftover mashed potatoes in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. Reheat leftovers in a saucepan with a splash of milk to thin out the cold potatoes.
These mashed potatoes and gravy go perfectly with my Air Fried Turkey Breast and Green Beans with Pineapple and Bacon! Grab my tips and the full Thanksgiving Menu for a Small Gathering right here.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- I like to cut my raw potatoes into smaller (bite sized) pieces for quicker boiling!
- You don’t have to wait for the water to come to a boil before adding your potatoes! Add potatoes directly to the pot with cold water, then bring water and potatoes to a boil. Doing this ensures a great, creamy texture at the end. If you plunge the cold potatoes into boiling water, the outside will cook before the inside and the potatoes will start to fall apart. This method ensures even cooking.
- Don’t skip the step of mashing the potatoes-only to get all the steam out! It’s important for smooth, creamy mashed potatoes!
- Substitute Greek yogurt for the sour cream–it’s also delish and makes your potatoes super creamy!
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- GREEN BEANS WITH PINEAPPLE AND BACON
- PERFECT AIR FRYER TURKEY BREAST
- AN EASY THANKSGIVING MENU FOR A SMALL GATHERING
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Perfect Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
For the potatoes
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, about 5-6 medium potatoes
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Half and Half
- 2 Half-Sticks (8 tbsp) Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp McCormick® Pure Ground Black Pepper
- Fresh chopped chives for garnish, optional
For the gravy
- 1 package McCormick® Turkey Gravy Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup water
- Cut potatoes into small, bite-sized pieces for quick cooking. Add potatoes to a large stockpot, then add water to cover potatoes. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat then simmer potatoes for 8-10 minutes until fork tender.
- When potatoes are done, drain and return to pot. With a potato masher, mash potatoes for 2-3 minutes to release heat and steam.
- Add half and half, butter, sour cream, seasoned salt and pepper. Continue mashing potatoes for another minute more until they reach desired consistency.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving dish and keep warm, then make the gravy! In a small saucepan, combine McCormick Gravy Seasoning Mix with water. Over medium heat, whisk gravy mix and water until heated through and slightly thickened (about 1-2 minutes). Serve over mashed potatoes.
Absolutely delicious! What a great recipe!