These delicious Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patties are your solution to busy weeknights! Frozen chicken patties are crisped to perfection in the air fryer then served on a brioche bun and slathered with an addicting honey mustard mayo! It’s OK to take a little help from the frozen food section–everyone will be too busy devouring these sandwiches to know!
Most people–especially those close to me–think that because I am a food blogger, I have these elaborate home cooked dinners on the table every single night. Let’s set the record straight: I DON’T.
These frozen chicken patties cooked in the air fryer are NO EXCEPTION! Quick, easy and a little help from the store! However, when I do a meal like this, I like to make it a LITTLE bit “special.” In this case, I used brioche buns and a sweet and tangy (and EASY) honey mustard mayo. Everyone can build their chicken “burger” however they like and the whole meal comes together in about 15-20 minutes! Easy breezy!
Need another quick and easy burger?! You HAVE to start making frozen burgers in the oven (with my secret sauce!).
Need a great side for your sandwich? Check out these 32 Delicious Sides for Sandwiches! You’re to find the perfect pairing!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s quick and easy and on the table in less than 20 minutes!
- The bun and honey mustard mayo totally elevate plain old frozen chicken patties.
- Cooking frozen chicken patties in the air fryer gets them perfectly crisp so quickly!
- Totally kid-friendly!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these delicious Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patties with Honey Mustard Mayo:
Frozen Chicken Patties: You can use whichever brand you prefer. I have personally found both Tyson frozen patties and Foster Farm patties to be my family’s favorites. I can typically find one or the other at Costco. If not, the frozen food section at most chain grocery stores carry at least one of those brands.
Brioche Buns: These buns make this meal special, let me tell you!!! There’s nothing like a soft brioche bun–once you start using them, you’ll never go back to regular old burger buns! LOL! You can usually find these in the bakery section in the grocery store (they usually aren’t with the regular hamburger buns) or my Costo recently started selling them too! If you can’t find them, no worries! Regular burger buns are fine too!
Toppings: Lettuce, tomatoes, pickles….use whatever your family likes! Pickles are a MUST for me!
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER FROZEN CHICKEN PATTIES: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Stir together mayo, mustard and honey for the quick honey mustard mayo “dressing.”
Step 2: Air fry chicken patties at 400 degrees for about 12 minutes. While chicken patties are cooking, gather your toppings (pickles, tomatoes, etc).
Step 3: When patties are done, slather the honey mustard mayo down onto your bun.
Step 4: Top with chicken patty and toppings!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Chicken patties in the air fryer cook up so quickly! About 12 minutes at 400 degrees.
Yep! Just pop them back into the air fryer at 400 degrees. It only takes about 5 minutes for them to crisp up again.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- The air fryer will circulate the heat around the chicken patties, however if you want the patties extra crisp, go ahead and give them a flip at around the 6-7 minute mark ((I usually forget!)).
- Feel free to swap out or add other toppings!! Avocado and arugula are two of my favorite “fancy pants” swaps!
- For quick and easy clean up, I ALWAYS use these air fryer tray liners!!! Make sure you double check to make sure you get the ones that will fit your air fryer.
GET MY FREE 7-DAY MEAL PLAN
OTHER AIR FRYER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Air Fryer Frozen Chicken Patties with Honey Mustard Mayo
For the chicken "burgers"
- 4 frozen chicken patties, such as Tyson See Note 1
- 4 brioche buns
- pickles, tomatoes and lettuce for toppings
For the honey mustard mayo
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees. If your air fryer doesn't have a preheat setting, just turn it to 400 and give it about 3-5 minutes to come to temperature.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayo, mustard and honey. Set aside.
- Lay frozen chicken patties on air fryer tray or basket, making sure they don't overlap (you may have to do two batches depending on the size of your air fryer). Air fry at 400 for 12-14 minutes. You will know when they patties are done when they start to sizzle a bit on the top! Air fryer cooking times may vary, so just keep an eye on them!
- Remove patties from air fryer and allow to cool for a minute or two. Then slather the honey mustard mayo on the bottom of each bun, add chicken patty and toppings and enjoy immediately.