If you have never made an Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza, you are missing out on such a delicious, simple recipe! This easy tortilla pizza makes a great snack–just add your favorite toppings and let your air fryer do the work! It’s done in a matter of minutes! Doesn’t get much easier than this!
There is no argument about pizza at my house and tortilla pizzas are no exception! We love making these pizzas for a quick snack or it’s a great option for easy Friday night dinners when no one feels like cooking! The best part is, everyone can have their pizza exactly how they want it!
This air fryer pizza recipe has a nice crispy crust (my secret tip is in the recipe card below) and simple ingredients that you can customize however you like!
Need more easy pizza variations? Try this Pizza Tortilla Wrap or this viral (for good reason!) Pizza Toast Recipe! If you have never tried making pizza in a cast iron skillet, you are missing out! Try this Cast Iron Skillet Pizza for a perfectly crisp crust every time!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- These tortilla pizzas cook up QUICK in the air fryer (we are talking 5 minutes)!!
- Everyone can have their own pizza and there are plenty of ways to customize each pizza!
- A great snack or quick and easy lunch or dinner.
- Depending on what toppings you use, these pizzas are fairly low in calories! You can also make them lower in carbs by using low-carb tortillas.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Easy Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza Recipe:
Pizza Sauce: I like using my favorite marinara sauce from Rao’s, but any marinara sauce or pre-made pizza sauce will work!
Tortillas: 8-inch tortillas make a nicely sized pizza. However, any size works, as long as it fits in your air fryer.
Cheese: Shredded mozzarella is always your best bet.
Toppings: Use any of your favorite pizza toppings! Just remember to use them sparingly if you want a nice, crispy crust. Too many toppings will weigh down the pizza and it won’t be quite as crisp.
HOW TO MAKE TORTILLA PIZZA IN THE AIR FRYER: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Place your plain tortilla in the air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F for 3 minutes.
Step 2: Add sauce, cheese, and toppings. Press toppings down into the cheese OR add a light layer of cheese over the top of the toppings. This will prevent the toppings from flying around while air frying!
Step 3: Air fry at 400°F for 3-4 minutes until the edges of your tortilla are golden brown and the cheese is nice and melty.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Trader Joe’s “Truly Handmade” tortillas work really well for this because they are on the thicker side. Otherwise, any flour tortilla will work. I’ve found the 8-inch size or smaller works best.
- Be sure to press any toppings down into the cheese OR sprinkle with a very light layer of cheese to keep the toppings from flying off in the air fryer!
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
To get your air fryer tortilla pizza to stay crispy, don’t overload the pizza with too many toppings or too much sauce. Keep it simple!
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: Cool completely. Store any leftovers in an airtight container or in a plastic zip-top bag.
- Reheating: The best way to reheat your tortilla pizza is in the air fryer at 400°F for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
Tortillas: Corn tortillas can be used in place of flour. Low-carb tortillas (such as these Carb Balance Tortillas) also work if you want to make this pizza lower in carbs.
Sauce: Ditch the traditional tomato sauce (marinara or pizza sauce) and opt for a white alfredo sauce or BBQ sauce!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Honestly, simple is best for these pizzas! Here are some of my family’s favorite combos:
Margherita: Mozzarella, fresh basil, a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning
Classic: Pepperoni, cheese, and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning
Combo: Mini pepperoni, olives, and green bell peppers
White Pizza: Cheese, Alfredo sauce, chopped rotisserie chicken
Yes! The recipe produces a perfect, crispy pizza…without being a cracker! LOL! Air frying the plain tortilla before any of the toppings are added helps keep the tortilla crisp.
Yes, wraps such as these Flat Out Wraps will work fine, as long as they fit in your air fryer!
In a Dinner Rut?
Grab your 7-Day Meal Plan + 3 Bonus Recipes!
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
TRY THESE AIR FRYER RECIPES NEXT…
Air Fryer Tortilla Pizza
- 1 8-inch flour tortilla
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese See Note 1
- favorite pizza toppings, use sparingly for a crisp pizza "crust" See Note 1
- fresh basil, parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, for sprinkling optional
- Prep: Place plain tortilla in air fryer basket. Cook JUST the tortilla at 400° for 3 minutes (this allows the tortilla to crisp up a bit before adding the toppings).
- Add Toppings: To the tortilla, add sauce, cheese, and toppings of your choice (I like to do this carefully, right in the bottom of the air fryer basket). Try not to overload the tortilla with too many toppings or it won't be as crispy. Important: Gently press down toppings into the cheese and/or sprinkle a LIGHT layer of cheese over the toppings. This will prevent any toppings from flying off during the air frying process.
- Air Fry: Air fry again at 400° for 3-4 minutes until the tortilla is lightly brown on the outer edges and the cheese is hot and melty. Note: Cook time will depend on your air fryer, but check it about at 3-4 minute mark.
- Cool: Allow pizza to cool for a minute. Sprinkle with dried oregano or parmesan cheese, if you like. Place on a cutting board, slice and enjoy!