These Tex-Mex chicken wraps have become a staple in our house! Chicken, black beans, corn and avocado–all perfectly seasoned and wrapped in a warm tortilla…amazinggggg! This recipe uses rotisserie chicken, too making a quick and easy weeknight meal!
I have a “thing” for wraps. They are so easy for busy weeknights and they are grab and go! Back in the day…..when we had all sorts of kid sports going on every weeknight (Thanks, Covid for taking that away! I miss it so much!), I loved making wraps ahead of time to eat on the road.
Now, I settle with eating them at home, on a plate like a normal person. BORINGGGGGG!!
Recipe notes and tips
- This chicken “salad” keeps well in the fridge for 2-3 days, and its great for lunch! If you are planning to store it, though, leave out the avocado. You can dice up fresh avocado when you serve it.
- If you want a low carb or keto version of these Tex Mex Chicken Wraps, wrapping the chicken filling up in lettuce is really yummy!
- I have been known to use this as a “dip” or sorts and eat it with crackers–SO GOOD!
Other recipes you’ll love
- AIR FRYER ROAST POTATOES WITH CHIPOTLE MAYO
- ONE PAN CHICKEN WITH CHERRY TOMATOES
- BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP WITH SAUSAGE
Will you make these Tex-Mex Chicken Wraps?? If you do, please be sure to rate it and tag me @get.on.my.plate in Instagram–I’d love to see your creations!!
Tex-Mex Chicken Wraps
- 4-6 large tortillas
- 2-3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 8.75 oz can sweet corn the large can is fine too!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large avocado, diced or mashed
- juice of one lemon or lime
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients (except the tortillas!) in a large bowl and stir well to combine.
- Wrap in tortillas and serve right away or chill in the fridge for a hour or overnight.