This Rigatoni Meatball Soup is comfort in a bowl! And unlike most comfort food–it’s super quick and easy. You can be enjoying a hot bowl of this soup in less than 20 minutes!
After a long winter day, sometimes comfort food is what you crave! But who has time on a busy weeknight to throw together meatloaf, mashed potatoes, or some complicated pasta dish??
This soup comes together super quickly, taking the help from frozen, store-bought meatballs (Trader Joe’s Turkey Meatballs are the best!!). Save rolling and baking homemade meatballs for another day and enjoy this comfort food in less than 30 minutes!
Rigatoni Meatball Soup
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 32 oz jar of your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 lb frozen meatballs I love the Trader Joe's turkey meatballs!
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups dry rigatoni (or your fave pasta!)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Pinch of sugar & red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a stockpot or soup pot, heat about a tablespoon of olive oil.
- When oil is hot, add diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce, tomato paste, chicken stock, meatballs and italian seasoning; bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add in rigatoni and cook 12-14 minutes or according to pasta's package instructions; stir occasionally.
- Stir in ricotta cheese until incorporated into the soup.
- Add in sugar and/or red pepper flakes, if using.
You May Also Like:
- 20 ITEMS FROM TRADER JOES YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
- EASY CROCKPOT MINESTRONE SOUP
- EASY TEX MEX CHICKEN WRAPS