Wondering what to serve with taco soup?! Look no further! From the sweet cornbread to fresh salads, to cheesy quesadillas, here at 18 delicious taco soup sides the whole family with love!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
In the fall and winter, I like to mix up our traditional taco night with taco soup! My version can be made in both the crock pot and on the stovetop. Ground beef (or lean ground turkey) is simmered with tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, green chiles, and ranch spice. It’s a SUPER easy weeknight meal and a perfect way to cure your taco craving on a cold day!
The Best Toppings for Taco Soup
One of the best things about taco soup is all of the delicious toppings you get to pile on top! Here are 10 of my favorite toppings for taco soup:
- Cheddar Cheese: Or your favorite cheese!
- Sour Cream: You can’t really have taco soup without a big dollop of sour cream in my opinion! Greek yogurt is a great option, too.
- Avocado: There isn’t a much better topping for taco soup than creamy avocado!
- Red Onion: Or any color onion you like! Sweet yellow onion and green onions are yummy too.
- Black Olives: You put them on tacos, so why not on taco soup?! 🙂
- Corn Tortilla Chips or Tortilla Strips: Fritos are my family’s fave! Doritos, too–lol!
- Hot Sauce: For a bit more spice!
- Lime Juice: Adds are wonderful freshness!
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro: Fresh parsley is good, too!
- Chopped Bell Peppers: Some recipes cook the bell peppers into the soup, but I like them fresh, on top!
GET MY FREE 7-DAY MEAL PLAN
Hopefully, this post has given you some good ideas on what to serve with taco soup. Ready to make the perfect taco soup? Try my amazing Easy Taco Soup Recipe with Ranch! Meat, beans, tomatoes, green chiles, and ranch spice are all simmered to perfection. You can make it in the slow cooker or on the stovetop. If you need more soup recipes, check them out here!
Let me know what you think! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK, and PINTEREST!