Hailey Bieber’s TikTok Pizza Toast Recipe nearly broke the internet when she debuted it in early 2022….and with good reason! It’s easy and delish! The freshness from the burrata and fresh tomatoes turn regular toast into a dinnertime (or snack time!) masterpiece!
If you’ve been around Get On My Plate long enough, you know I am a sucker for trying ALL THE VIRAL recipes!!
Good thing for you, only the AMAZING ones make it to the blog! Hailey Bieber’s Viral TikTok Pizza Toast made the cut!
This Tiktok video went nuts in late January 2022 and I’d say, it lives up to the hype! Not to mention it completely fits my “delicious, easy recipes” mantra!
Watch @haileybieber’s #pizzatoast video here and see why TikTok users went crazy for this!
If you love French bread pizza or focaccia bread pizza, you will LOVE this pizza toast trend! So who’s ready to hop aboard the pizza toast train?!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Quick and easy dinner, lunch or snack!
- Simple recipe that turns regular old toast into something special!
- A viral recipe that’s worth the hype!
- Kid friendly and easy to customize.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this Viral TikTok Pizza Toast by Hailey Bieber:
Burrata Cheese: Don’t mistake this for the package that says “fresh mozzarella.” While burrata IS fresh mozzarella, it has a mozzarella “shell” on the outside, and a soft creamy center. Look for “fresh burrata”– it’s typically in the specialty cheese case and comes packed in water.
Sourdough Bread: I like to look for a hearty sourdough bread because it holds up to the moisture of the burrata and fresh tomatoes. Cut the bread into smaller slices if they are more than about 4 inches long. You can use pre sliced bread (like mine) or get a loaf of sourdough bread and cut it.
Marinara Sauce: Store bought or homemade is just fine! Our favorite is Rao’s.
Olive Oil: Hailey uses truffle oil in her video. Either is fine, just make sure if you use olive oil to get a high quality brand for the most flavor!
Tomatoes: The fresher, the better! Heirloom tomatoes or fresh “on the vine” tomatoes work great.
HOW TO MAKE HAILEY BIEBER’S PIZZA TOAST RECIPE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Toast up your sourdough bread in a hot skillet until golden brown.
Step 2: Spread on fresh burrata cheese.
Step 3: Top with tomato slices (these tomatoes are dressed with a little fresh lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper). Then bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
Step 4: Top with Parmesan cheese, warm marinara sauce, oregano and red pepper flakes (to taste)! Serve right away.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- When you toast your bread, make SURE it’s toasted and “firm” all the way through. If it’s soft at all, the bread tends to get soggy from the burrata and fresh tomatoes.
- While you might be tempted to add tons of pizza toppings, less is more in this recipe! Adding too many different toppings can weigh down the bread and make it soggy. The cheese, tomatoes and herbs are all you need! If you do want to add more toppings, go light 🙂
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: Store leftover pizza toast in an air tight container or wrapped in foil in the fridge for up to one day.
- Reheating: To reheat, pop it back into the oven or toaster oven for a few minutes until the cheese is bubbly.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Truffle Oil: In her original video, Hailey uses truffle oil but if you don’t have any on hand or don’t like the taste, a good quality olive oil will do!
- Spices: Garlic powder would be a great addition! In fact, I would sprinkle a generous amount on the buttered toast before toasting it in the skillet! Chopped fresh basil would also be a great “topping!”
- Cheese: If you simply cannot find burrata, fresh mozzarella or regular mozzarella works, too! You just won’t get that ooey gooey creaminess!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The recipe was posted on @haileybieber’s TikTok in January of 2022 and quickly went viral! It’s now racked up billons of views…and counting!
TikTok users went crazy over this “elevated childhood snack” that’s super easy to whip up!
Hailey Bieber is a 25-year-old model and wife of pop star Justin Bieber (age 25 and MARRIED at the time of publishing this post–LOL!).
OTHER VIRAL RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
TikTok Pizza Toast Recipe (Hailey Bieber)
- 2 slices good-quality sourdough bread See Note 1
- 4 oz. fresh burrata cheese
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp truffle oil you can use extra virgin olive oil, too!
- 1-2 fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- lemon juice, to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese , to taste
- oregano, to taste
- red pepper flakes (optional, to taste)
- sea salt/fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Brush each side of your bread with butter. Then, drizzle with truffle oil or olive oil.
- Toast bread in a skillet over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until bread is golden brown. It is important the bread isn't still soft in the middle. Make sure it's toasted and crispy all the way through!
- While bread is toasting, slice tomato(es) and dress with a little lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- When toast is done, divide the burrata and spread onto each slice of toasted bread (I just use my clean hands to do this!). Top each slice of toast with tomatoes.
- Bake at 375°F for 10-12 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Optional: Broil for the last 2-3 minutes to get the cheese nice and browned and bubbly!
- While toast is baking, warm marinara sauce over the stove or in the microwave.
- When toast comes out of the oven, grate some fresh Parmesan cheese over the top, then add a spoonful of the warm marinara sauce over each piece of toast.
- Finish with more Parmesan and a sprinkle of oregano and red pepper flakes (chili flakes). Enjoy immediatetly.