Need to shake up your classic pumpkin pie recipe?! Try this Double Layer Pumpkin Pie–it will be your new go-to holiday dessert! This delicious dessert combines one light, creamy “cheesecake” layer and one layer of decadent, perfectly spiced pumpkin. The best part?! It’s a no-bake pie so it won’t crowd your holiday oven!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
Tired of plain old pumpkin pie? Yeah, me either. 🙂 But maybe you just need another sweet treat on your holiday table or need a dessert to bring to a potluck, Friendsgiving, or holiday party. This double-layer NO BAKE pumpkin pie is a delicious twist on a holiday favorite!
This delicious dessert is made with a creamy “cheesecake” layer and a perfectly spiced pumpkin layer. Top it off with lots of homemade cinnamon whipped cream and everyone is happy!
Need more amazing pie recipes for your holiday table? Try my Maple Pecan Pie or this Pumpkin Pie Without Evaporated Milk!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Such a great way to mix things up – a nice change from traditional pumpkin pie.
- Can be made up to 24 hours in advance (it’s even better when chilled overnight!)
- Perfect for holiday dinners, potlucks, and gatherings–it’s always a hit!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this amazing No Bake Pumpkin Pie Recipe (with Double Layers!):
Pumpkin Puree: 100% pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling. No extra spices should be added.
Premade Graham Cracker Crumb Crust: Try to find the 10″ size (9oz.), if possible. If you can only find the 9″ (6oz.) that’s perfectly fine. Just know that your layers will be super thick (nothing wrong with that!)
HOW TO MAKE A DOUBLE LAYER PUMPKIN PIE: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with the exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar. Gently stir in whipped topping. Evenly spread this first layer into the bottom of the pie crust.
Step 2: In another bowl beat pudding mixes and one cup of milk. Add pumpkin and 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, and 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg.
Step 3: Spread pumpkin layer evenly on top of the cream cheese layer. Chill the pie for at least 3-4 hours (or overnight!) before serving!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Don’t skip chilling this pie before cutting and serving!! In fact, it’s best made the day before!
- If you are using a store-bought graham cracker crust, the plastic covering doubles as a pie cover if you just flip it over! Very handy for storing your pie!
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
To avoid lumps in your first layer, make sure your cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing it with your other ingredients.
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: Store pie in the fridge, covered for up to 4 days. If you are using a pre-made graham cracker crust, the plastic that lines the pie crust doubles as a pie cover if you flip it over! 🙂
- Freezing: You can freeze this pie! For best results cover it either with plastic wrap or cover it with the plastic pie cover that came with the graham cracker crust. Then, place it in a large plastic Ziploc bag and seal it tightly. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes and no. The bottom layer does have cheesecake-like elements, but it includes folding in whipped topping so it’s a bit “lighter” than a typical cheesecake. The top layer is similar to a pumpkin layer in a double layer pumpkin cheesecake like this one.
According to U.S. Dairy, dairy products should not sit out unrefrigerated for more than two hours. This pie contains cream cheese, so don’t let it sit out much longer than that! Plus, this pie is best served cold and right from the fridge anyway!
GET MY FREE 7-DAY MEAL PLAN
In a dinner rut? I’ve got a Free Meal Plan with 7 of my most delicious, easy recipes! Sign up for my email list and I’ll send it over now, along with weekly dinner recipes!
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
Check out all of my kitchen essentials in my Amazon store!
Electric Hand Mixer or Stand Mixer: I have literally had both of these since I got married (almost 20 years!!!) and they are both going strong. Talk about bang for your buck!
Glass Bowl Set: I use these every day, for everything, especially baking!
Rubber Spatulas: A baking necessity for scraping down the sides of the bowl.
Rate this recipe! I love your feedback!
Please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
OTHER GREAT RECIPES TO TRY…
Double Layer Pumpkin Pie
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened See Note 1
- 8 oz. whipped topping such as Cool Whip you'll use half for the first layer and the rest for topping
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin puree make sure it's pure pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling! 🙂
- 1 5.1 oz. box instant vanilla pudding you can also use (2) 3.4 oz. smaller boxes
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon See Note 2
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp EACH nutmeg and cloves
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 9 oz. or 10" pre made graham cracker pie crust See Note 3
- Make the cream cheese layer: In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract. With an electric mixer, mix ingredients together until well combined (about one minute). You can use either a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the wire whisk attachment. Gently fold in HALF of the whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly into the graham cracker crust as the bottom layer.
- Make the pumpkin layer: In another large bowl, combine dry pudding mix and milk. Beat with an electric mixer (hand or stand mixer) for one minute until there are no lumps (mixture will be THICK, not like regular pudding).
- To the bowl, add pumpkin puree, and spices (cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves and salt). Stir well to combine. Carefully spread pumpkin mixture over the cream cheese layer making sure the pumpkin completely covers the cream cheese layer!
- Refrigerate pie for at least 3-4 hours before cutting. Serve with the remaining Cool Whip/whipped topping or this homemade cinnamon whipped cream!
Love everything about this recipe! The layers of flavor and it’s no bake! Perfect pie for the holidays!
Anything no bake is good with me and this pumpkin pie looks amazing.
Very nice and interesting recipe of pumpkin pie! The flavor is amazing! Thanks for sharing 🙂
Oooh you had me at no bake. I love those layers. Such an easy and delicious pie for holiday celebrations.
It was Canadian Thanksgiving last weekend and I made this for a friendsgiving party that we attended. OMG, it was so good! It all got eaten (which I was disappointed with because I was hoping I’d get to eat the leftovers!).
I have everything I need for this dish, can’t wait to make it this weekend! My family is going to love this!
Claudia Lamascolo says
What a decadent pie, I am pinning this for holiday season. We will absolutely love this!
Sara Welch says
Enjoyed this for dessert last night and it did not disappoint! So creamy and delicious; easily, a new favorite recipe!
I love this idea! Anything cheesecake I’m always in for and this seems like the perfect thing to bring to thanksgiving this year!
I totally need to shake up my pumpkin pie game. This is perfect!
You had me at cheesecake layer. Fantastic tasting recipe.
The double layer makes this pumpkin pie so special and decadent! Cannot wait til autumn to make this!
I’m admittedly not a huge fan of traditional pumpkin pie, but I could legitimately eat this version all year long! It’s so yummy!
Never tried anything like this before and it’s incredible! I was worried since I’m not much of a baker but this recipe was a cinch to follow. Thank you for that!
Such a great recipe! First you had me at no bake. Then you had me at double layer! This pumpkin pie with cheesecake is going to be a fall favorite this year and will for sure be a hit come the holiday season!