This Chicken Broccoli Lasagna only uses FIVE ingredients but is packed with flavor and makes an amazing, hearty dinner! Thick layers of broccoli, chicken and cheese are baked in Alfredo sauce with hardly any hassle at all! This dish reheats easily making it great for lunches and meal preps, too!
If all recipes you come across on the internet were BOTH easy AND delicious, I think a lot more people would cook at home!! Too much of the time, recipes are just way too complicated for busy people and home cooks.
Simple and delicious one pan/pot meals like my Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes and Orzo or my Easy One Pot Goulash (“Slumgullion!”) or even my super simple Instant Pot Chicken Penne...ALL of these meals require such little hassle, but deliver big (family friendly!) flavors!
This Chicken Broccoli Lasagna is no exception! Super easy to assemble and throw in the oven! It’s great to assemble the day before and just pop it in the oven the next day. Easy breezy!
FULL DISCLOSURE: This isn’t really “lasagna” per se. It’s lasagna noodles layered with chicken and cheese and sauce…so it’s kinda got lasagna VIBES, but there’s no ricotta cheese…it’s more of a casserole-meets-lasagna…Casserole-agna…you get the idea 🙂
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Easy, cheesy comfort food deliciousness!
- This recipe only uses FIVE ingredients making it super simple to throw together!
- Reheats great making it perfect for lunches and meal preps.
- Great low carb option, too! (See Additions & Substitutions below)
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Chicken Broccoli Lasagna:
Lasagna Noodles: I only use oven-ready lasagna noodles (usually Target’s Good and Gather brand) for this dish because I’m lazy like that 🙂 It has always come out perfectly. However, if you aren’t a fan of oven ready noodles (they cook up SLIGHTLY more al dente than if you boil them yourself), you can boil regular noodles and use those, too.
Alfredo Sauce: To save time, find a good jarred sauce you like. Our Costco sells this Sonoma Gourmet one that we enjoy, but I have also heard Rao’s and Ragu have great Alfredo sauce, too!
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BROCCOLI LASAGNA: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Spread a few tablespoons of sauce into your baking dish. Then, layer on noodles.
Step 2: Cover the noodles with chicken.
Step 3: Layer on your broccoli and mozzarella cheese.
Step 4: Top with Alfredo sauce. Repeat layers one time, leaving off last cheese layer. Bake covered at 350°F for 40 minutes. Then, uncover, add remaining cheese and continue to bake another 15 minutes. Broil for the last 2-3 minutes if you like!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- When assembling your layers, try to completely cover the previously layer underneath so you get nice, thick layers!
- Baking the dish covered (without the last cheese layer) for the first 40 minutes speeds up the baking process and keeps the cheese from getting toooooo brown.
- To get the nice browning on the cheese, broil for the last 2-3 minutes (watch carefully!)
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: This lasagna stores great in the fridge! Cover the dish tightly with a couple of layer of foil and store up to 4-5 days.
- Reheating: Reheating in the microwave is the fastest and easiest way to warm this dish up! Just about 45 seconds to a minute per serving works great.
- Freezing: I recommend freezing this dish assembled (but not baked) without the top layer of cheese. When you are ready to bake it, thaw it overnight. Add top layer of cheese and bake per recipe instructions below (you may need to all a little more time if the lasagna is cold or still a bit frozen). When freezing, cover tightly with several layers of plastic wrap and/or foil. You can freeze this dish up to 3 months.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Alfredo Sauce: You can swap out regular marinara sauce for Alfredo, too!!
Veggies: Not a broccoli fan? Swap out the broccoli for other veggies like zucchini, squash, mushrooms, or bell peppers.
Meat: Ground beef, turkey or crumbled Italian sausage would also be delish!
Cheese: I am never picky when it comes to cheese! I just throw in what I like! The meltiest cheeses work best for this chicken lasagna with broccoli. My favorite swaps for mozzarella are: fontina, white cheddar, gouda, jack cheese.
Keto/Low Carb Option: Because there is lots of chicken and broccoli in this dish, it’s perfectly fine without the lasagna noodles! I have made this dish several time without the noodles and we hardly missed them!!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If prefer not to use frozen broccoli as it makes the lasagna too watery….that’s my ONE pet peeve about lasagna! It cannot be watery!!!! 🙂
OTHER PASTA RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Easy Chicken Broccoli Lasagna
- 8 no-bake lasagna noodles See Note 1
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken, shredded or chopped or other cooked chicken
- 4-5 cups fresh broccoli florets, chopped into small pieces
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese See other options in Note 2
- 1 24 oz. jar of Alfredo sauce such as Rao's or Ragu
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9×9 baking dish with cooking spray. Then, spread a few tablespoons of Alfredo sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Lay 4 lasagna noodles onto the bottom of the dish. You may have to break them in half and overlap them a bit.
- On top of the lasagna noodles, layer on half of the chicken.
- Then layer on half of the broccoli.
- Pour half of the sauce over the top of everything. Make sure you get the edges and into the corners!
- Top with half the cheese, then REPEAT with the remaining ingredients: noodles, chicken, broccoli, sauce. DO NOT put on the last layer of cheese yet!
- Cover the dish with foil and bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes.
- Uncover and add the remaining cheese. Cook UNCOVERED another 15 minutes until lasagna is bubbly and cheese is nice and melted. Optional: broil for 2-3 minutes to get nice browned spots on the cheese.
- Allow the dish to rest for 5-10 minute. Cut into squares and serve!