These Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars are one of my favorite desserts to make, especially during the holiday season! These chewy, dense bars are perfectly sweetened with frosting, white chocolate chips, and dried cranberries. A touch of orange zest is not overpowering but adds such a nice contrast of flavor along with the tart cranberries. I dare say these are even better than the Starbucks version and you can make them any time of year!
These cranberry bliss bars are hands down my favorite treat at Starbucks!! Chewy bars are topped with a perfectly sweetened frosting, dried cranberries, and white chocolate drizzle. The best part is the hint of orange flavor that pairs so well with the cranberries!
Making homemade cranberry bliss bars isn’t as hard as you think! There isn’t much hands-on time…most of it is baking and waiting for the bars to cool so you can mound on the sweet frosting (waiting is the WORST part about this recipe! I always just want to dig in!!)
My other favorite Starbucks copycat recipe is this amazing grilled cheese! Super easy to make and a fraction of the cost!
If you love these bars, you will also love these chewy white chocolate cranberry cookies! Perfect for holiday cookie trays! And if you want an easy crowd-pleaser, try this Perfect Cranberry Orange Pound Cake!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Now you can enjoy this seasonal treat YEAR ROUND!!
- Perfect for cookie trays and exchanges!
- Delicious Starbucks treat for a fraction of the cost!
- Perfect winter treat with a cup of hot coffee!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these amazing Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars (for the bars):
You’ll need the following ingredients to make the cream cheese icing + topping:
Orange Zest and Orange Extract: These are two key ingredients that take these homemade cranberry bliss bars to the next level! It gives a hint of orange flavor and pairs so well with the cranberries! Don’t leave them out!
White Chocolate Chips: You can also use chunks of white chocolate (chopped).
HOW TO MAKE STARBUCKS CRANBERRY BLISS BARS: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1 & 2: In a large mixing bowl, blend together wet ingredients for the bars. Then, add dry ingredients and mix well.
Step 3 & 4: Fold in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. Spread batter onto your parchment paper lined baking sheet or jelly roll pan.
Step 5 & 6: Smooth with a rubber spatula. Bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes until lightly browned and cooked through. Cool for at least an hour before frosting.
Step 7: While the cookie bars are cooling, make the sweet cream cheese frosting. In a medium bowl, add softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, orange zest and vanilla extract. With an electric mixer, beat until creamy, well-combined, and free of any lumps. The texture should be smooth and silky.
Steps 8 & 9: Spread frosting onto cooled bars. Sprinkle the top with chopped, dried cranberries. Drizzle on melted white chocolate (optional).
HOW TO CUT CRANBERRY BLISS BARS
Place the bars onto a cutting board. First, cut three columns. Then make 4 horizontal cuts. Last, cut each square diagonally.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- If you would like thinner bars, and to yield more servings, you can use a 15×10 jelly roll pan or baking sheet.
- Make sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper, as it is much easier to remove from the baking sheet.
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
Place the bars in the refrigerator for 1 hour before cutting so you can get perfect cuts!
- Storage: Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. You can also place them on a cookie tray or plate and cover them tightly with a couple of layers of plastic wrap.
- Freezing: These delicious cranberry bliss bars can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and place in a freezer container or freezer bag.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes!! These can be made gluten-free with the same results. Just swap out the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour.
Yes, they are only available during the “holiday” season. Which, for Starbucks is November and December. Lucky for you, with this recipe, you can make them year-round!!
Yes, given the topping is made with perishable cream cheese, it’s best to store them in the fridge.
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
TRY THESE NEXT…
Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars (Copycat Recipe)
For the Bars
- 1 cup butter melted 2 sticks, salted or unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or kosher salt
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
For the topping/icing
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp grated orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, melted
For the bars
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a 9×13 baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Melt butter in the microwave.
- Mix Wet Ingredients: In a large bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer), add the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, grated orange zest, orange extract, and vanilla. With a hand mixer or electric mixer, blend until all ingredients are fully incorporated (30-60 seconds).
- Add Dry Ingredients: Add in the flour, ground ginger, baking powder, and salt. Beat on low for 30-60 seconds, just until fully blended–do not over mix.
- Add Goodies: Fold in white chocolate chips and dried cranberries with a wooden spoon.
- Prepare to Bake: Spread batter evenly onto prepared pan with a spoon or spatula.
- Bake: Bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until lightly golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool: Remove pan from the oven and allow the bars to cool completely before frosting. This can take up to an hour or more–be patient 🙂 Bars can also be placed in the fridge to speed up the cooling process.
For the Frosting/Topping
- Make the Frosting: While bars are cooling, make the frosting. In a medium bowl, add softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, orange zest and vanilla extract. With an electric mixer, beat until creamy, well-combined and free of any lumps. Texture should be smooth and silky.
- Top the Bars: Spread frosting over the top of your cooled bars with a spatula. Sprinkle on the chopped, dried cranberries.
- White Chocolate Drizzle (optional): Place the white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20-second intervals. Mix in between each interval until melted. Allow the melted chocolate to cool for 10 minutes. Place the melted chocolate in a zip-top bag. Cut the tip of the bag and squeeze melted chocolate over the top of the bars (you can also just drizzle it on with a spoon).
- Cut: Place the bars in the refrigerator for 1 hour before cutting so you can get perfect cuts. Remove from the fridge and carefully lift bars off of the baking sheet (with the parchment paper left on). Place the bars onto a cutting board Your first cut will be making three columns. Then make 4 horizontal cuts. Then, cut each square diagonally.
- Serve or Store: Store bars in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days. You can also place them on a cookie tray or plate and cover tightly with a couple of layers of plastic wrap.