This Peach and Blueberry Salad is summertime in a bowl! Full of sweet and savory flavors, crunch…and topped with a delicious blueberry vinaigrette! It’s a perfect, light and healthy lunch or dinner!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
This salad is anything but your typical boring salad! Like all of my salad recipes, this peach and blueberry salad is filled with all kinds of flavor, textures and topped with a delicious dressing!
Speaking of a salad with a delicious dressing…you HAVE to try this Dorito Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s full of super fresh flavors from fruit and MINT!
- It has your food groups covered! Fruit, veggies, lean protein and a little dairy! Super healthy!
- You can customize it in so many ways! Check out the FAQ’s below for some reccos!
- Stores well in the fridge making it a great salad for meal preps!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious salad:
Spinach: Baby spinach is perfect for this salad and pairs well with the blueberry dressing. However, mixed greens or arugula work perfectly, too! I usually end up using a combo of all of these or whatever I have on hand!
Mint: Might sound odd, but it takes this salad OVER THE TOP! Just chop up a handful and mint leaves and sprinkle them over the top–the fresh taste is incredible in this salad!
Gorgonzola cheese: This creamy cheese pairs so well with the sweet, fresh fruit. If you aren’t a fan of gorgonzola, you can leave it out or substitute blue cheese or goat cheese.
HOW TO MAKE PEACH AND BLUEBERRY SALAD: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Cook chicken breasts–you can use my easy method for perfect chicken breasts OR use leftover grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken. Forget to thaw your frozen chicken breasts?! No problem! Use my method for cooking frozen chicken breasts in the air fryer!
Step 2: Pile all of your ingredients in a bowl….
Step 3: Drizzle with the blueberry vinaigrette and serve it up!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I highly recommend using fresh fruit for this salad! Frozen (thawed) fruit has a different texture that isn’t ideal in salad, but can be used in a pinch!
A store bought raspberry dressing would also be great on this salad! Brands like Marie’s or Briana’s are widely available and both have their versions of raspberry vinaigrettes.
This salad is super versatile, meaning you can add or omit a lot and make an amazing salad! As with most of my recipes, if you don’t like something, leave it out! Here are some good swaps or additions:
Raspberries, nectarines (or other stone fruits), apples, crumbled goat cheese, candied walnuts, marcona almonds, grilled peaches (AMAZING, BTW!), bacon, blue cheese, red onion.
Yes! This salad is great for a meal prep and keeps well in the fridge for up to 3 days. Store the dressing separately in small jars or containers. I suggest storing the nuts separately too, then sprinkle them on when you’re ready to eat–they stay nice and crunchy that way.
For storing, I love using meal prep containers like these from Amazon. You can also find them pretty cheap at TJ Maxx or Marshalls!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- To make this come together super quickly, use diced rotisserie chicken. OR when grilling, grill up an extra chicken breast or two to have for this salad during the week.
OTHER SALADS YOU’LL LOVE
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Peach and Blueberry Salad
- 6 cups baby spinach mixed greens or arugula work too!
- 1-2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1-2 cups fresh peaches, diced about 1 large peach
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, diced rotisserie chicken works too!
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup almonds, crushed or sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- mint leaves, finely chopped
- Blueberry Salad Dressing See Note 1 for recipe link
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper. Cook in a skillet 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. See how I get my perfect chicken breasts here. You can also use leftover grilled chicken or diced rotisserie chicken.
- Add spinach or mixed greens to a large bowl. Top with all other ingredients and toss with the blueberry dressing!
Thanh Shanks says
Love this recipe.
Quick & simple
Love the dressing
Light & healthy