This easy blueberry salad dressing is a vinaigrette that is the perfect balance of sweet and tangy. The bright flavor of fresh blueberries shine through making this dressing perfect for your next salad! The best part is, you can make it in 5 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
I have said it a million times, but if I am going to have a salad IT CANNOT BE BORING! The salad MUST have flavors, textures and of course, an AMAZING dressing! Two of my favorite salads that come to mind are my Thai Chopped Salad with Spicy Peanut Vinaigrette and my Simple Southwest Salad with Creamy Chipotle Dressing!
This blueberry salad dressing is perfect with my Peach and Blueberry salad, but can be used on so many other summertime salads as well! It pairs nicely with spinach, fruits, nuts and creamy cheese, so make sure your salad includes some of those!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- This dressing is super quick and easy–it comes together in 5 minutes!
- This blueberry dressing contains zero refined sugar.
- You get the health benefits an amazing superfood: blueberries!!! Blueberries are one of the most nutrient-dense berries, packed with fiber, Vitamin C and Vitamin K!
- This dressing is super light and flavorful….yet is low in calories, fat and carbs!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Blueberry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing:
Blueberries: Fresh blueberries work best! The dressing tends to get watered down with frozen blueberries unless you thaw and drain them really well.
Maple Syrup: The blueberries already bring so much sweetness to the dressing and you don’t want it toooooo sweet! This is really just to tame the acidity of the balsamic vinegar. You can also use honey.
Olive Oil: I use extra virgin olive oil because I like the richness! However, a lighter “salad-type” oil works too! Regular (non extra virgin) olive oil, avocado oil or even canola oil are all just fine.
HOW TO MAKE THIS DRESSING: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
This dressing is seriously SO EASY. One step….wait for it….
Step 1: Throw your blueberries, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, lemon and salt into a blender or food processor. Blend for about 30 seconds, then drizzle in your olive oil and blend for another 10 seconds. ONE AND DONE!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Yes, you can! Just use a jar with a tight-fitting lid or an airtight container. Dressing can be frozen for up to 3 months.
I don’t recommend frozen blueberries because the water content tends to be higher, yielding a more watered-down dressing. If you do decide to use frozen berries, thaw them completely and attempt to drain as much water from them as possible before making the dressing.
This blueberry dressing was created for my Peach and Blueberry Salad, which is out of this world! However, it’s a great dressing for ANY salad made with mixed greens, spinach or even arugula. Blueberries pair nicely with creamy cheeses (such as Gorgonzola), almonds, mangos and mint…try to incorporate some of those items if you create your own salad!
Store dressing in an airtight container or jar in the fridge for up to one week. You can also freeze this dressing in an airtight jar or container for up to three months. Thaw in the fridge or on the counter overnight. If the dressing seems a bit thick after thawing, give it a good stir! If it’s still thick, add a bit more olive oil or a squeeze of lemon juice.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- If you make this dressing ahead of time and store it in the fridge, it may seem a little thick when you take it out. Just give it a big stir and allow it a few minutes to come to room temperature. You can also just stir in a bit more olive oil or a squeeze of lemon juice to thin it out a bit.
- I use my Cuisinart 14 Cup Food Processor for this dressing but you can definitely use a smaller 8 or 11 cup food processor, a Nutribullet-type blender or just a regular blender.
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Easy Blueberry Salad Dressing
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a food processor or blender. Blend for 30 seconds until all ingredients are well-combined.
- With the motor running (if possible), drizzle in your olive oil. Taste and season with more salt, if necessary. If you don't have a blender or food processor that allows you to add ingredients with the motor running, just add in your olive oil and blend again for about 15-30 seconds to ensure the oil is fully incorporated.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight jar or container for up to one week. When you pull it out of the fridge, it will be a little thick. Give it a good stir before using or allow it a few minutes to come to room temperature.