This Ground Beef Stir Fry Recipe is one you’ll add to your dinner rotation over and over! It uses simple ingredients and there are so many ways to customize it! Ground beef and veggies are coated in a delicious sweet and savory stir-fry sauce that everyone will love. The best part is….it’s done in about 20 minutes!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
Often (VERY OFTEN) I get a craving for an Asian stir fry but don’t want all the extra calories involved with take out! 🙂
This ground beef stir fry is one of my go-to dishes — not only is it a lot healthier than takeout, but it’s also SUPER EASY!
I love using ground beef because there’s no need to take time to marinate the meat–the ground beef soaks up all the delicious sauce and cooks up SO QUICKLY!
Also, try my Ground Beef Noodles Stir Fry, and this Healthy Ground Beef and Broccoli for more super easy stir fry recipes! They all make great meal preps, too!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Super easy recipe the whole family will love!
- Delicious sweet and savory sauce!
- Healthy and great for meal preps.
- So many ways to customize! Switch up the meat and veggies for a whole new dish.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Stir-Fry Ground Beef Recipe:
Ground Beef: I like using lean ground beef–90% lean or more.
Cooking Sherry: You can use cooking sherry, Shaoxing vinegar, mirin, or rice wine vinegar.
HOW TO MAKE GROUND BEEF STIR FRY: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the stir-fry sauce.
Step 2: In a large skillet, brown up your ground beef, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks.
Step 3: Add in your veggies and cook until crisp-tender.
Step 4: Stir in sauce and cook 1-2 minutes more until heated through. Serve over rice or noodles!
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
A good stir fry has nice, crisp-tender veggies that aren’t overcooked. Turn off the heat when the veggies are just SLIGHTLY underdone. They will continue to cook a bit, even with the heat off.
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: This ground beef stir fry recipe is great for meal preps and can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Reheating: The microwave works great for reheating! You can also reheat the stir fry in a skillet with a splash of soy sauce or beef broth.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
Protein: You can definitely swap out different proteins in this dish! Ground pork, chicken, and turkey all work great! You can even use plant-based “crumbles” like these if you don’t want to use ground meat.
Veggies: Mix and match your veggies! Use whatever frozen or fresh veggies your little heart desires! Snap peas, snow peas, mushrooms, and different colored bell peppers are some of my faves. You can even use frozen stir fry veggies to make this a SUPER easy meal!
Spice: Make a spicy sauce by adding red pepper flakes or sriracha sauce!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
My family loves this dish over warm jasmine rice or rice noodles. But their favorite is enjoying it mixed in with thick udon noodles!
If you want to pair it with an extra veggie, these sweet and sticky Chinese style green beans are perfect!
Yes!!! It’s fantastic for meal prep! It will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days. When I meal prep this dish, I slightly undercook the veggies a bit to account for the reheating….I like my veggies crisp!
GET MY FREE 7-DAY MEAL PLAN
In a dinner rut? I’ve got a Free Meal Plan with 7 of my most delicious, easy recipes! Sign up for my email list and I’ll send it over now along with weekly dinner recipes!
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
Check out all of my kitchen essentials in my Amazon store!
Large Skillet: My FAVORITE skillet!
Garlic Chopper: The best garlic chopper!
Small Grater: For grating the ginger.
Rate this recipe! I love your feedback!
TRY THESE NEXT…
Easy Ground Beef Stir Fry Recipe
For the Stir Fry
- 1 lb. lean ground beef I like using 90% lean or more, ground chicken and ground turkey also work well.
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1-2 cups frozen cut green beans fresh green beans work too, just allow a bit longer cooking time.
- green onions, sesame seeds for garnish optional
For the Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium preferred
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp Shaoxing vinegar, cooking sherry, or rice wine vinegar See Note 1
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 4 cloves garlic, minced the best garlic chopper!
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, 1 inch piece, grated
- Prep: In a small bowl, whisk together sauce ingredients.
- Cook Beef: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add ground beef. Cook ground beef, breaking it up into small pieces as it cooks (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add Veggies: To the cooked ground beef, add red pepper and onions. Cook about 2 minutes until veggies are slightly softened. Then, add green beans and cook 2 minutes more until heated through ((If you are using fresh green beans, add them in the pepper and onion).
- Add Sauce: Stir in sauce and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring often, until everything is coated and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve: Serve over hot white rice, brown rice, cauliflower rice or even ramen noodles! Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds, if you like!
Sara Welch says
This was such a quick and easy recipe that does not disappoint! Turned out juicy and flavorful and perfect for busy weeknights, indeed!
I love how simple this stir-fry is, and the homemade sauce is delicious. The perfect dinner for busy weeknights!
Easy to make with great flavors, this is perfect for a busy weeknight meal.
This easy stir fry is another family favorite, and I love that I can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes! The flavors are so delicious, and the fresh ginger sauce is EVERYTHING!
I absolutely love this beef stir fry, such classic flavors and so filling and satisfying! Definitely adding this into my regular dinner rotation.