This easy homemade ranch dressing also doubles as a dip and will have you addicted to making ranch at home! This dressing has the classic taste of ranch, but with a few fresh elements thrown in. You’ll literally want to pour this dressing over EVERYTHING!!
This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
Where are my ranch lovers??!!!! My family and I LOVE ranch dressing! Not just for salads, but for pizza, breadsticks, on baked potatoes, french fries, in wraps, tossed in pasta salads, and drizzled on this delicious Buffalo Chicken Bowl! It’s such a versatile dressing and dip!
This simple ranch dressing recipe will get you hooked on making ranch dressing at home! It’s SUPER easy and combines a no-MSG ranch dressing mix like this one, but combined with a few fresh herbs and flavors!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It super easy and combines store bought ranch seasoning with fresh herbs.
- It keeps well in the fridge for up to 2 weeks!
- It’s downright ADDICTING!!!!
- No additives, preservatives or MSG like store-bought ranch
- Can be used as both a dressing AND delicious dip!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious, easy homemade ranch dressing:
Milk: This is optional based on how you want to consistency of your dressing/dip. If you are using it for more of a dip, then you can omit the milk. However, if you want it more pourable, you will need to add a bit of milk. Buttermilk works perfectly too! Any type of cow’s milk works-1%, 2%, whole milk, etc.)
HOW TO MAKE EASY RANCH DRESSING: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the milk.
Step 2: Depending on the consistency you want your dressing/dip, slowly whisk in milk until you reach that desired consistency. Or omit milk all together.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
If stored in an airtight container or jar with a tight-fitting lid, homemade ranch dressing will last in the fridge about 2 weeks.
Simple! You can omit the mayo in this recipe and replace it with more sour cream. Or you can use Greek yogurt instead. You may need to add a bit more milk to the dressing to get it to your desired consistency.
Just swap out the regular milk in the recipe with buttermilk! So yummy!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- If dressing/dip gets too thick after sitting in the fridge, just whisk in a few teaspoons of milk or buttermilk.
- Don’t omit the Worcestershire sauce! It truly add so much depth and flavor to this dressing!
OTHER RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Easy Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp parsley leaves
- 2 tbsp chives
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp Ranch powder
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1-3 tbsp milk or buttermilk (optional, See Note 1)
- In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients except the milk.
- Depending on how you want the consistency, slowly whisk in milk a tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency.