This honey butter garlic chicken is such a quick and easy weeknight meal that will satisfy the whole family! Only six ingredients and about 20 minutes is all you need!
Sometimes the simplest meals can be the most satisfying. There’s nothing like having easy, flavorful chicken dishes in your arsenal of recipes.
This honey butter garlic chicken is coated in a sweet, garlicky sauce that will have you licking your plate!
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Only uses 6 simple ingredients that you probably have in your kitchen!
- Quick and easy–it’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
- Packed with sweet, garlicky deliciousness!
- Stores and reheats easily!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Honey Butter Garlic Chicken:
Chicken: Chicken breasts or chicken thighs both work perfectly.
Soy Sauce: Regular soy sauce (not low sodium) provides the most flavor, but use whatever you have on hand!
HOW TO MAKE HONEY BUTTER GARLIC CHICKEN: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Toss the chicken in corn starch.
Step 2: Cook chicken on one side for about 3 minutes, flip and cook on the other side another 1-2 minutes.
Step 3: Add garlic and butter and cook for 1-2 minutes. Then add soy sauce and honey.
Step 4: Give everything a big toss and cook for another minute or so until the flavors come together. Top with cilantro (OPTIONAL) and serve over rice.
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Have your ingredients prepared beforehand. This dish comes together really quickly!
- When you add your chicken to the pan, use tongs or a wooden spoon to separate the chicken–don’t over crowd the pan. You want the chicken to get a nice crust on it.
- Resist the urge to flip the chicken before it gets a nice, brown crust on one side. Just add it to the pan, spread it out and let it be!
- When the chicken is ready to flip, I like using tongs and flipping the pieces individually.
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: Store leftovers in an air tight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Reheating: To reheat, you can use a pan or the microwave. For both methods, I like adding another splash of soy sauce to the dish when reheating.
- Freezing: Cool completely. Cooked chicken can be frozen in an air tight, zip top bag for 2-3 months.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- This recipe doesn’t make real “saucy” dish. However, the sauce is so rich and flavorful, anything more is overpowering. If you insist on more sauce, add a splash of soy sauce or some sriracha to the dish after serving!
- Adding veggies to this dish would be great! I would steam them, par cook (undercook) them before adding OR use frozen veggies and add them in with the garlic and butter.
- Chicken breasts, thighs, sliced pork and shrimp also work great for this stir fry.
- If you don’t have honey, brown sugar will also work.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Tossing the chicken in corn starch gives the chicken a nice, crisp coating, while keeping the inside super juicy. The corn starch also helps to thicken the sauce.
Jasmine rice is perfect! It would also be great over fried rice, noodles or cauliflower rice as well!
OTHER EASY RECIPES YOU’LL LOVE
- EASY HAWAIIAN CHICKEN BOWL
- CHINESE STYLE SALT AND PEPPER CHICKEN
- CREAMY GARLIC PARMESSAN CHICKEN PASTA
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Honey Butter Garlic Chicken
- 1- 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter salted or unsalted
- 1 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce regular or low sodium
- red pepper flakes, cilantro, scallions for serving optional
- In a medium bowl, toss chicken with corn starch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on high, heat olive oil. When oil is hot, add chicken. Spread chicken out in an even layer the best you can. Cook for 2-3 minutes without touching the chicken so you get a nice, browned crust on the chicken.
- After 2-3 minutes (check for browning), flip chicken and cook 1-2 minutes more (without touching the chicken!) until the other side is nicely browned.
- Reduce heat to medium and add garlic and butter to the pan and cook 1-2 minutes more, stirring often.
- Then, add honey and butter. Cook another 1-2 minutes, stirring well until chicken is coated in the sauce and sauce begins to thicken.
- Serve over rice, topped with cilantro, scallions or red pepper flakes if you like!