These Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Tacos are a flavorful, family-friendly meal that comes together in 20 minutes. Featuring juicy chicken, crispy bacon, tangy ranch, and your favorite toppings makes a delicious and hearty meal everyone will love!
If you’re a fan of chicken bacon, and ranch, you’re in luck! There’s something special about this delicious trio. They make the ultimate comfort food when brought together, as seen in this Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta salad.
And these Chicken Bacon Ranch Tacos are no different! It’s comfort food with a spin to turn them into a quick and easy meal for busy weeknights.
Plus, the combination of smoky bacon, creamy ranch, and juicy chicken is so flavorful and satisfying. It’s a dish that will be on regular rotation in your meal plan.
So next time you need a quick and delicious dinner idea, try these chicken bacon ranch tacos! Better yet, make them for dinner tonight. I bet you have most of the ingredients on hand!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make these delicious Chicken Bacon Ranch Tacos:
Chicken: This recipe is excellent for leftover chicken meat, like rotisserie chicken or any other cooked chicken. For best results, use shredded chicken, as it gives the best texture. Try making your shredded chicken in the air fryer--GAME CHANGER!
Bacon: Use thick-cut bacon as it holds up better in the taco, adding a satisfying and flavorful texture.
Ranch dressing: This condiment ties these easy ranch chicken tacos together. Use your favorite bottle of ranch dressing or make your own to add a creamy, tangy, and refreshing flavor.
Tortillas: Soft flour tortillas are best in these chicken ranch tacos, and I recommend the small taco size. This soft shell and natural base hold all the ingredients together.
Toppings: Shredded cheese, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and red onions offer a sweet and savory contrast that creates a mouthwatering combination of flavors and textures.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN BACON RANCH TACOS: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Heat a skillet over medium heat and add bacon slices. Cook until crisp. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess fat. When cool, crumble bacon into small pieces.
Step 2: Mix the chicken with ranch dressing in a medium bowl. Make sure the chicken is well coated with the dressing.
Step 3: Assemble the tacos by spreading a layer of shredded lettuce onto each warm tortilla. Next, add the ranch chicken, cheese, diced tomato, and onion.
Step 4: Finally, add the chopped bacon and a drizzle of ranch dressing, if desired. Serve!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Use good quality ranch. For maximum flavor, use a creamy, rich ranch dressing. If you have an extra 5 minutes, try making your own homemade ranch dressing–it’s to die for!!!! 🙂
- Save time. Use pre-shredded lettuce and cheese to save time. You can also prepare all the taco toppings in advance and store them in the fridge until ready to assemble.
- Warm tortillas. This is optional but makes the tortillas more pliable and enjoyable. You can do this by heating them in a dry medium non-stick skillet over medium heat for 30 seconds on each side.
- Use crispy bacon. Cook the bacon until it’s crisp and crunchy, adding a depth of flavor and contrasting texture.
Rotisserie chicken is a convenient and tasty option that makes this recipe even easier to prepare. Ensure it is well coated with ranch dressing so it shines!
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: Leftover chicken ranch tacos are best eaten fresh. If you have leftovers of the chicken mixture, it’s best to keep it separate from the rest of the ingredients so the tortillas do not get soggy. Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheating: To reheat ranch chicken, warm it in the microwave until heated through. But it is also delicious chilled.
- Freezing: These tacos are not best for freezing. But the good news is that they are so quick and easy to whip up that there is no need to meal prep them.
Additions & Substitutions
- Toppings: Additional options to add to chicken bacon ranch tacos are green onions, sliced avocado, and jalapenos for a nice spice.
- Chicken: For ease and convenience, rotisserie chicken makes this recipe doable in 20 quick minutes. But if you have more time, consider baking chicken breast in the oven and then shredding or cutting it into small pieces.
- Cheese: Use your favorite shredded cheese in this recipe. Some great choices are mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Monterey Jack cheese and pepper Jack are also delicious options.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Flour tortillas hold the ingredients better, but you can use your favorite tortillas in this recipe. You can use corn tortillas or dietary-specific options like low-carb or gluten-free ones. Additionally, homemade tortillas would take these tacos to the next level. Remember that the texture and taste may vary depending on your tortilla.
You can prep the ingredients ahead of time and assemble the tacos when you’re ready to eat. Store ranch chicken, bacon, and toppings separately in airtight containers in the fridge, then reheat the chicken and bacon before serving.
Shredded chicken is ideal as it allows the ranch to penetrate and create a very juicy and flavorful dish. But you can dice cooked chicken into small pieces instead. Just ensure that you coat the chicken well with ranch dressing.
In a Dinner Rut?
Grab your 7-Day Meal Plan + 3 Bonus Recipes!
TOOLS FOR THIS RECIPE
TRY THESE NEXT…
Easy Chicken Bacon Ranch Tacos
- 4-6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing + more for serving
- 8 flour tortillas (small, soft taco sized)
- 1 cup shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- Cook Bacon: Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add bacon slices and cook until crisp. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. When cool, roughly chop bacon into small pieces.
- Prepare Chicken: In a medium bowl, mix together rotisserie chicken and ranch dressing. Make sure chicken is well-coated with the dressing.
- Optional: In the microwave on in a skillet, warm flour tortillas/
- Assemble: Assemble the tacos by spreading a layer of shredded lettuce onto each tortilla. This will create a nice a "bed" to keep the other toppings in place and adds a nice crunch.Next add the ranch chicken, cheese, tomato and onion. Last, add the chopped bacon. Drizzle with extra ranch dressing, if you like!