This Sweet Jiffy Cornbread with Honey is such a fantastic semi-homemade recipe that everyone will love! Boxed cornbread mix and a few simple ingredients make a delicious “homemade cornbread” with the perfect amount of sweetness! It’s the perfect side dish for soups, chili, and hearty meat dishes!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This post may contain affiliate links which means I may earn a small commission when you click on the links and make a purchase. I will never recommend a product that I don’t support 100%. You can read my full disclosure here.
I have always been a fan of classic Jiffy cornbread– easy and OMG, CHEAPPP!! Right?!
I’m also a fan of sweeter cornbread and doctoring up a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix makes my perfectly sweet cornbread–and it takes hardly ANY effort at all!
While some recipes call for extra “fat” such as sour cream, butter, or oil, I love adding a can of creamed corn for sweetness! Plus it makes the cornbread super moist and gives it the best texture!!
Slather on some butter and a drizzle of honey and honestly, I could eat the whole pan myself! I suggest you share though….alongside a big bowl of Taco Soup or this Red Chicken Chili 🙂 It also makes a great side for these Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Thighs!
Love the time saver of using Jiffy Mix?! Try my Easy Jiffy Tamale Pie--SUCH a yummy weeknight meal1
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Super easy semi-homemade recipe that tastes homemade!
- Turns boxed cornbread mix into something special!
- Super moist cornbread without any added butter or vegetable oil.
- Simple recipe with no fancy ingredients.
You’ll need the following ingredients to make this delicious Sweet Jiffy Cornbread Recipe:
Creamed Corn: Any brand!
Brown Sugar: This is optional for a little sweetness on top!
HOW TO MAKE SWEET JIFFY CORNBREAD WITH HONEY: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that the full printable recipe with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
Step 1: Place Jiffy cornbread mix into a large bowl. Break up any clumps with a fork or your hands!
Step 2: Add creamed corn, honey, and eggs. Mix until ingredients are combined. No need to overmix.
Step 3: Pour mixture into a baking pan and sprinkle with brown sugar, if you like (optional)!
Step 4: Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes until golden brown around the edges and set in the center.
⭐️ CONFIDENCE TIP ⭐️
Make your own honey butter! Mix 1 stick of butter (softened) with 3-4 tablespoons of honey + a pinch of sea salt!
STORAGE & REHEATING
- Storage: Store leftovers in the pan covered tightly with a couple of layers of aluminum foil or plastic wrap. You can also store individual pieces in an airtight container. Place in the fridge and store for 4-5 days.
- Reheating: Leftover cornbread is excellent reheated in the microwave for 15-30 seconds and served warm with some melted butter or honey butter!
- Freezing: Freeze cornbread in a large zip-top freezer bag for up to 3 months.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
While some recipes call for extra “fat” such as sour cream, butter, or oil, I love adding a can of creamed corn for sweetness! Plus it makes the cornbread super moist and gives it the best NON CRUMBLY texture!!
This easy Jiffy cornbread recipe is a perfect compliment for so many dishes! It’s great with hearty meat dishes such as fried chicken and pot roast.
Of course, cornbread is also a great side dish for a bowl of chili, hearty 15 Bean Soup, or taco soup!
SERVE THIS DELICIOUS CORNBREAD WITH…
Sweet Jiffy Cornbread with Honey
- 2 8.5 oz. boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix
- 1 15 oz. can creamed corn
- 1/2 cup honey maple syrup will also work
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp brown sugar optional, for topping
- Prep: Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×9 baking dish (or similar) with cooking spray ((If you want to make corn muffins-line a muffin tin with muffin liners)).Place Jiffy mix in a large mixing bowl. Use a fork (or your fingers) to break up any clumps.
- Add & Mix: Add creamed corn, honey and eggs. With a wooden spoon, stir until ingredients are just combined. No need to over mix!
- Pour: Pour cornbread mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Topping (optional): Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the top of the cornbread. This is an optional step if you want a bit more sweetness.
- Bake: Bake 30-35 minutes until edges are golden brown and corn bread is set in the middle. ((Make sure you adjust the the baking time by about half if you are making corn muffins)). Remove from oven, and serve warm with butter or honey butter (See Note 1)!