This post is all about showing you how to do a fast, easy meal prep so you start the week right and always have healthy food on hand!
Meal Prep has been my saving grace on my health and fitness journey. I always say–“Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail.”
How many times have you:
- Come home starving, don’t know what to eat, so grab something frozen, unhealthy or order takeout?
- Been so tired you didn’t want to cook, so you stopped for fast food?
- Had nothing of “substance” to eat in the house, so you find yourself grazing on items like chips, chocolate or anything else you can scrounge up?!
((RAISES HAND)) ME!!! That has been me more times than I can count…and everyone who knows me knows I get HANGRY and when I get HANGRY I will eat anything put in front of me.
This is where simple meal prep has SAVED me and kept me on track with healthy eating. I’m not talking about planning an entire week’s worth of meals and portioning it all out…..i find that a bit time consuming and I don’t really enjoy eating 5-day old food.
Here is a sample of meal prep I did last week — in 30 minutes while the kids were doing homework!
Here are the items I prepped:
- Hard-boiled eggs ~ awesome, high protein snacks through the week
- Shredded the meat of a rotisserie chicken ~ used for my lunch bowls below
- Cooked 1lb taco meat ~ used for burritos and soft tacos for dinner
- Kashi Bars ~ great snack! From Costco, no prep necessary!
- 3-minute quick-cooking quinoa (Trader Joes) ~ for my lunch bowls
- Strawberries ~ I just washed and cut them so they were ready to go. I love Strawberry Overnight Oats for breakfast and cottage cheese and strawberries for a snack.
- Roasted Broccoli ~ Drizzled a bag of broccoli with a little olive oil and salt/pepper. Roasted at 425 for about 15-20 minutes then hit it with a squeeze of lemon and some Parmesan cheese.
With this simple meal prep, I have at least:
- 3 lunches
- 1 dinner
- Snacks for the entire week
- Several breakfasts
Here are my lunch bowls I made that week with my prepped food — perfect for taking to work!
So does this make meal prepping seem a little more manageable? I hope so! I welcome any ideas on how you meal prep as well!!