Rachael Ray’s Swiss and Bacon Dip has been a staple at our house for YEARS! This is the original recipe but I put a little spin on it and add horseradish (totally optional, though!) This dip is served warm and perfect for a Superbowl party watching football or just a small gathering with friends! I promise you’ll be asked for the recipe for this one!
** This post was updated in December, 2021 to include more details and step by step instructions.
This one is a crowd-pleaser, no doubt about it–I’ve probably served this dip at 20+ different events and everyone is always scraping the bowl clean.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- Perfect served hot or at room temperature!
- Can be easily made ahead of time and baked when you’re ready to serve!
- Bacon….need we say more?!
You’ll need the following ingredients to make Rachael Ray’s Swiss and Bacon Dip:
Swiss Cheese: Although I usually always recommend grating your own cheese for dips, Swiss cheese is a bit annoying to grate, so if you can find it pre shredded, that’s fine!
Horseradish: This is a totally optional ingredient, but if you like horseradish, it goes SO WELL in this dip!! I usually use between 1-3 tablespoons 🙂
HOW TO MAKE RACHAEL RAY’S SWISS AND BACON DIP: STEP BY STEP
Here are some quick visual instructions. Remember that full instructions with exact ingredients will be in the recipe card below!
RECIPE TIPS & TRICKS
- Be sure to get the cream cheese to room temperature so it blends easily with the other ingredients. You can leave it on the counter for a few hours OR microwave it on medium power in 20 seconds increments until it gets soft.
STORAGE AND REHEATING
- Storage: Any leftovers (you won’t have any..who are you kidding?!) can be stored covered tightly with foil or in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Reheating: This Swiss and Bacon dip can be reheated in a 400 degree oven for a few minutes until it’s bubbly again. You can also reheat it in the microwave until heated through.
- Freezing: I do not recommend freezing this dip.
- Make-Ahead: You can make this dip ahead of time and bake it as soon as you’re ready to serve it. Assemble the dip, then cover it tightly with foil and store in the fridge. When you are ready to serve, bake it at 400 degrees as instructed in the recipe card. Keep in mind you may need to add a few minutes to the cooking time since the dip will be cold from the fridge.
ADDITIONS AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- Cheese: Swiss is really perfect in this dip, but if you have an aversion to Swiss cheese, any sharp, flavorful cheese will work! Sharp cheddar or smoked gouda would be great.
- Horseradish: If you like horseradish, DEFINITELY add a few tablespoons to this dip! It’s perfection and just the right amount of spice and tang!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
ANY type of “hearty” dipping crackers work great! Pita chips, tortilla chips, baguette slices and fresh veggies are also perfect accompaniments!
You can and it’s just fine! However, it’s best hot or at room temperature.
OTHER DIPS YOU’LL LOVE
Did you make this recipe? Please give it a Star Rating ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ below or tag @get.on.my.plate on Instagram! I really appreciate–it helps me out so much! Also, please SUBSCRIBE HERE and follow me on INSTAGRAM, FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
Rachael Ray’s Swiss and Bacon Dip
- 8 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayo preferably full fat
- 1-3 tbsp Dijon mustard to taste
- 1 1/2 cups grated Swiss cheese, divided
- 1-3 tbsp horseradish optional!
- In a large skillet over medium heat, fry bacon pieces until golden brown (about 10 minutes). Drain pieces on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, mayo, mustard, horseradish (if using), 1 cup of the Swiss cheese and cooked bacon. Stir well until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer to a shallow, 1 quart baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden brown and bubbling. Optional: broil 1-2 minutes at the end to get some nice browning on top!
- Serve with crackers, pita chips, French bread or veggies! Dip is wonderful hot it served at room temperature.