- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 tbsp butter, divided salted or unsalted (I always use salted for everything!)
- 5-6 fresh garlic cloves, minced the best garlic chopper!!
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined See Note 1
- 1/3 cup chicken bone broth chicken stock or broth also work (See Note 2)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice + zest of one Iemon
- red pepper flakes, to taste optional
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- chopped parsley, to taste
In a large skillet, melt 4 tbsp butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes (if you are using red pepper flakes) and cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring often to make sure garlic doesn't burn.
Add bone broth and bring to a simmer. Cook 2-3 minutes.
Add the shrimp and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook shrimp on one side for 1-2 minutes, then flip and continue to cook 2-3 minutes more until no longer pink.
Stir in remaining 1 tbsp butter, lemon juice and lemon zest. Stir, stir, stir and make sure shrimp is completely coated with the garlic butter sauce! Remove from heat, add fresh chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Note 1: I like using BIG jumbo shrimp! The 16-20 count! However, this recipe works with any size shrimp...but bigger is better, in my opinion! :) I like buying them peeled and deveined so this meal comes together super quick!
Note 2: This recipe has no wine so using bone broth vs. regular chicken stock or broth is the secret and gives the broth a deep, rich flavor! If you can't find, you can use chicken stock or broth. Adding a little chicken bouillon powder or Better Than Bouillon will help deepen the flavor, if you have it on hand!
Nutrition information is only an estimate. Info is based on the Very Well Fit Nutrition Calculator.
Calories: 328kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 26.3g | Fat: 23.4g | Saturated Fat: 10.7g | Cholesterol: 277mg | Sodium: 443mg | Potassium: 213mg | Vitamin D: 10µg | Calcium: 114mg