This post is all about how to make the best pumpkin dessert ever!
Since everyone seems to be declaring it “FALL” now (whatever, I just turned the air conditioning on) I thought I might as well bust out with the pumpkin dessert you’ll ever make! I named it the Pumpkin Gooey Goodness Cake. Sarah and I baked it last Wednesday and it was a huge hit all around. If you check out the ingredients, how could it not be??!!
Make this. Now!!!
The Best Pumpkin Dessert
- 1 box yellow cake mix you will need the ingredients to prepare this according to package instructions (eggs, oil, etc)
- 1 14 oz can pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- 1 8 oz bag Heath bits you can also use 1-2 Heath Bars, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare yellow cake mix according to package instructions; Stir in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice and mix well.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x9 (or similar) baking dish. Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely. Then, with the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Pour the sweetened condensed milk all over the top of the cake, filling in the holes.
- Refridgerate cake for at least an hour to let the condensed milk soak in and work it's magic!
- Spread Cool Whip all over the top of the cake and sprinkle on Heath bits!
- Serve immediately or return to the fridge and store it up to 2 days.