This post is all about how to make quick and easy greek chicken pitas by taking a little help from the store!
If you don’t enjoy cooking, taking a little help from the store is no crime! In this recipe, I used both pre-cooked chicken from Costco and Trader Joes Tzatziki sauce. I love this super easy recipe, too because everyone can customize their own pita how they like it (lots of Ranch dressing, no veggies for my kids! Sigh!)
In this recipe, I use these precooked chicken skewers from Costco:
and store-bought Tzatziki Sauce from Trader Joe’s (heavenly and addicting!). If you can’t find prepared Tzatziki sauce you can mix some sour cream with a little salt, pepper, and lemon juice for a creamy sauce. Or feta cheese is a great substitute if you like it! Italian dressing works really well too although it makes it less “Greek” but who cares! My kids eat this with Ranch soooo……
Easy, Breezy Greek Chicken Pitas
- 6 precooked chicken skewers we love the ones from Costco!
- premade tzatziki sauce see Notes for substitutions
- 6 pita pockets naan bread works great too!
- Fillings: lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion
- Roughly chop chicken skewers in small pieces.
- Heat pita or naan bread in the microwave or toaster for a few seconds until warm.
- Stuff pita pockets or naan bread with chicken and any desired toppings.
- Slather on the tzatziki sauce (see Notes for substitutes)