This post is all about how to make this super easy one-pan sausage and peppers!
I LOVE LOVE this easy sausage and peppers meal! It’s great the day-of but the leftovers are fantastic too! Try piling this on a nice crusty hoagie roll with lots of yellow mustard for a perfectly messy (but pretty healthy!!) sandwich! It’s great over pasta or rice too!
I like using sausage similar to this one. But feel free to use whatever pre-cooked sausage you like
One Pan Sausage and Peppers
- 1 12 oz package pre-cooked sausage, sliced
- 3 bell peppers, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2-3 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. When the oil is hot, add sliced sausage and cook until sausage is nicely browned about 3-4 minutes; remove from pan.
- Add a bit more oil to the same pan and add the onion; season well with salt and pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then add bell peppers. Cook for about 3-4 minutes until veggies are slightly softened.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, tomato paste, and cooked sausage.
- Give everything a big stir and cook a few minutes longer. Add a little water or chicken stock if the liquid evaporates too quickly. Serve on soft hogie rolls or over rice or pasta!